• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2018 PGA Championship Discussion thread

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Discuss the 2018 PGA here.

Will Tiger take a dump in some oatmeal?
Will Phil get penalized for some goofy shit?
Will.i.am?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I predict Tiger will get a lot of publicity. Signed: Captain Obvious.
Just as with The Open Championship we will see almost every minute he's on the practice range and practice green. Hour after hour we will be told how this will be yet another Major win for him. But, that's what the networks feel the public wants and that's what we will get.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I see this as being a "bomb and gouge" tournament. Winning score will be in the double digits below par. Length and his steady play will have to make D.J. a favorite to win this one. Many others can go low, but can they get past the mental pressures of a Major. The drivers will be in the hands of most, but they will need to be able to keep the ball in play. Woods nemesis has been accuracy with his driver. Rory can hit it long, but his short game has been a problem. Have about given up on Fowler being able to put four rounds together in a Major. Spieth seems to be in another world during Majors. Seems to step it up on the weekend and could be a contender.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Woods nemesis has been accuracy with his driver. Rory can hit it long, but his short game has been a problem. Have about given up on Fowler being able to put four rounds together in a Major. Spieth seems to be in another world during Majors. Seems to step it up on the weekend and could be a contender.

Well said, Limp. I’m starting to have my doubts about Fowler too.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Haters gonna hate. Tiger will contend and potentially win. I believe this is probably DJ’s to win/lose.

T

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

I think you’re 100% incorrect. With all seriousness. :)

He has never played a competitive round of golf on the golf course, therefore, has no experience or track record to feed off of. His lack of driving accuracy on that specific track will be a major issue for him. Must hit fairways at Bellerive or you won't be in the picture - Tiger really struggles with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
He has never played a competitive round of golf on the golf course, therefore, has no experience or track record to feed off of. His lack of driving accuracy on that specific track will be a major issue for him. Must hit fairways at Bellerive or you won't be in the picture - Tiger really struggles with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points and you might be right. This Tiger fan doesn’t agree.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Good for golf? Or, bad for golf? The PGA is the lesser of the Major tournaments. So often, it's just a ho-hum tournament that get nowhere near the interest as does The Masters, the U.S. Open, or The Open Championship. Had it not been for Woods "return", the 2018 PGA Championship would have been just as lackluster.
Simply having Woods limp to the first tee, with a promise to wow the fans for at least two rounds, has an immediate effect on the size and excitement of the audience. Discussions on golf discussion boards increase exponentially. "Will he? Or, won't he?"
When Woods does tip his white hat and ride off into the sunset, will golf disappear with him? Golf rounds and interest across the globe have waned in the past few years. The decrease in rounds played are due to a myriad of reasons. Still, one person seems to be the impetus to bring a short term "revival" of sorts.
I thoroughly enjoy the fact that due to the increase in tournament play by Woods we may see at least a few bags of old clubs dusted off with owners heading our for a round or two. We may see a few young people motivated to take up the Game. I just wish that interest... that motivation... that excitement was there because of the cadre of young and exceptional talent we see on today's Tour and not contributable to a single player who will eventually exit the arena.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Rarely in the last 10 years has a major thrown up an obvious winner. There are so many good players right now that are not afraid to win. Lots of players showing form right now. btw most of them can all hit it long and straight these days. The PGA, more than any other major has a habit of throwing into "one hit wonders".

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Does a Club Pro make the cut this year? The odds are against it.

🔥 Latest posts