• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2018 PGA Championship Discussion thread

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
All I can say is Koepka will be my first choice in these majors from now on. And where did Adam Scott come from? All the Tiger lovers are happy because he took second place. All the Tiger haters are happy because he didn't win. There was some great golf.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1534116685.103480.jpg

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1534116697.928258.jpg

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I kept hoping that meatball Koepka would get rattled but the dude has ice water in his veins. Hats off to him, dude was an animal with that driver this week.

Tiger's play reminded me of the old Tiger the way he sprayed drives all over the course then worked magic from some tough spots. He's never been the most accurate with a driver and that makes for great television. People can complain about Tiger getting all the air time but I would rather watch Tiger make birdies from a trashcan than watch Koepka put up red numbers from 90 yards out in the center of the fairway. Also Tiger is way more emotional with his highs and lows(slamming clubs, cussing and then fist pumping all on the same hole) . That is far more entertaining than a flatliner.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
He did not set the record as most under par on the final two rounds. This was a par 70 course. The 131 was set on course(s) with par of 72. Woodland set the record for lowest first 36 holes in a major.
There were so many stories and possibilities. That's what makes golf so much fun right now. Why can't Rickey win one? What in the heck possessed Rory to put ball in the water on 3 different holes today? What evil spirit has possessed Spieth's putter? The one club pro who made the cut set an under par record for club pros in the PGA Championship. And, we didn't know who was going to remain standing until the 71st or 72nd hole.

What a great afternoon!!!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

He also had his lowest score in a non-winning effort in a major...and the 64 today was his lowest score on a Sunday in a major ever.

I kept hoping that meathead Koepka would get rattled but the dude has ice water in his veins. Hats off to him, dude was an animal with that driver this week.

Tiger's play reminded me of the old Tiger the way he sprayed drives all over the course then worked magic from some tough spots. He's never been the most accurate with a driver and that makes for great television. People can complain about Tiger getting all the air time but I would rather watch Tiger make birdies from a trashcan than watch Koepka put up red numbers from 90 yards out in the center of the fairway. Also Tiger is way more emotional with his highs and lows(slamming clubs, cussing and then fist pumping all on the same hole) . That is far more entertaining than a flatliner.

I’ve made it pretty clear I’m a Tiger fanboy. Today was a good reminder for everyone who Tiger Woods is and what he is capable of.

Good stuff!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Ben Kern...
"I'm one of the 20 club pros who get to play in the PGA Championship. I'm stoked!"

"Wow! I made the cut and get to play all four rounds of the PGA Championship!"

"Hey! Someone just said I had the lowest score under par for a club pro in the PGA!"

"Life is good! Got to play all four rounds with the "big boys" at a major championship... and got paid a little over $33,000 to do so. Yes... Life IS good!"

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Ben Kern...
"I'm one of the 20 club pros who get to play in the PGA Championship. I'm stoked!"

"Wow! I made the cut and get to play all four rounds of the PGA Championship!"

"Hey! Someone just said I had the lowest score under par for a club pro in the PGA!"

"Life is good! Got to play all four rounds with the "big boys" at a major championship... and got paid a little over $33,000 to do so. Yes... Life IS good!"

A great story. I love hearing about the club pros.

🔥 Latest posts