• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2019-2020 NFL Season

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
In all seriousness, what's the latest on Brady? I haven't been paying a lot of attention lately.

Still an unknown. Lots of rumors, but there are not too many market opportunities that make sense for both him and the clubs. Latest from Brady is that he is having conversations with the Pats and is likely looking for more weapons to work with rather than a huge payday.

Probably have another month or so before we get any clear info. Pats are not going to wait for him if he does not make a decision by March 16th when other teams can start talking to him. Gronk’s late March retirement kept them from signing a top FA to replace him.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Chiefs flew back into KC today.... all except one. Mahomes was asked in the post game interview what his plans were. He said, "Disneyland". He and his girlfriend spent today there! Since someone in a pretty high office congratulated Kansas on being home of the Chiefs... instead of Missouri where they actually play... the entire Kansas Legislature is going to be closed on Wednesday for the big Super Bowl parade in KCMO.
My golf buddy, who I've played golf with for 20 years, has a Kansas City newspaper from the Monday after the Chiefs won their last Super Bowl... 50 years ago. He brought photos of it to the course this morning.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Chiefs flew back into KC today.... all except one. Mahomes was asked in the post game interview what his plans were. He said, "Disneyland". He and his girlfriend spent today there! Since someone in a pretty high office congratulated Kansas on being home of the Chiefs... instead of Missouri where they actually play... the entire Kansas Legislature is going to be closed on Wednesday for the big Super Bowl parade in KCMO.
My golf buddy, who I've played golf with for 20 years, has a Kansas City newspaper from the Monday after the Chiefs won their last Super Bowl... 50 years ago. He brought photos of it to the course this morning.

Congrats Limp.

FYI....a sharpie can fix any mistake you make on Twitter.
020F8035-3B55-4BB0-A82C-05FB4C42EC5F.jpeg

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
What’s the consensus here. Is Brady done or are there a couple of good years left?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
1 mediocre season and he retires.
Rumors are 2 years at 60 million. Glad the Pats did not go that route, while I will always be grateful for what Tom meant to the Patriots Nation, that’s quite a cap hit for a 42 year old QB. I would love to see him succeed, but I am not sure his performance is going to justify the cap hit, especially when he has to learn a new offense and get used to new teammates. I have also learned to never count Brady out, I would not be shocked if he had another good season or two.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
What’s the consensus here. Is Brady done or are there a couple of good years left?
Kind of what I said above. It would not shock me if he has a couple good years left in him, but that’s an awful big cap hit for 42 year old QB who is learning a new offense and new teammates. A lot of talented/pro bowl caliber receivers passed through New England over the past 20 years that could not survive training camp without being cut as they could not get it to work with Brady.

If he wins another ring in TB, he looks like a genius. If they fail to make the playoffs, he still looks like a genus for milking a lot of money out of the deal while TB management will take a beating in the press/fan base.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Rumors are 2 years at 60 million. Glad the Pats did not go that route, while I will always be grateful for what Tom meant to the Patriots Nation, that’s quite a cap hit for a 42 year old QB. I would love to see him succeed, but I am not sure his performance is going to justify the cap hit, especially when he has to learn a new offense and get used to new teammates. I have also learned to never count Brady out, I would not be shocked if he had another good season or two.
Well, first off that's way too much for a 42 year old QB coming off the year he just had (and yes, I fully respect his talent level). I simply don't think he can play Patriots football without a team that's been built around him and had time to gel. I still say he would've been smarter to simply retire and let history show he was a 1 team player. That's rare.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Montana played most of his years with the 'Niners. Put out to pasture, came to the Chiefs and had another couple really good years. Never count an old fox out!!! Anyone wanna play this 73 year old geezer for 25 cents/hole??!! :>)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Well, first off that's way too much for a 42 year old QB coming off the year he just had (and yes, I fully respect his talent level). I simply don't think he can play Patriots football without a team that's been built around him and had time to gel. I still say he would've been smarter to simply retire and let history show he was a 1 team player. That's rare.
I agree. I would have loved to see him retire a Patriot (probably will sign a one day contract with them when he decides to hang them up, but that’s not important at this time), but that is not going to happen. Tampa is taking a huge risk for the reasons we have identified, but apparently they think can milk the last ounce of magic out of him before it is gone.

I just hope he doesn’t embarrass himself.

🔥 Latest posts