• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2020-2021 NFL Season

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
As a die-hard Oregon State fan, my wife and I, with all of this in mind, suggest it might also make some sense to change the name of the State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers (especially when they play Southern California. Do we really want the Trojans sticking it to the Beavers???

As an OSU fan, this made me lol :D

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I think this, and the push to play partial seasons in multiple sports, just shows how screwed up our priorities are. NO ONE is worth that much money to play any sport...NO ONE! Stupidest thing I've seen lately from the sports world.
Actually, it’s closer to $500 million according to the latest reports.

Pats are taking a $13 million cap hit this year for Brady on he not even on the roster. If something happens to Mahomes, the Chiefs are pretty much done for the next decade. While I have not seen the guaranteed money amount, the rumor is the majority of that half a billion is guaranteed.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I think this, and the push to play partial seasons in multiple sports, just shows how screwed up our priorities are. NO ONE is worth that much money to play any sport...NO ONE! Stupidest thing I've seen lately from the sports world.

Keyword being lately, just wait...

Well didn’t have to wait long actually...see Desean Jackson

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Actually, it’s closer to $500 million according to the latest reports.

Pats are taking a $13 million cap hit this year for Brady on he not even on the roster. If something happens to Mahomes, the Chiefs are pretty much done for the next decade. While I have not seen the guaranteed money amount, the rumor is the majority of that half a billion is guaranteed.

Apparently it goes up toward the back half of the contract. I think he’s guaranteed something like $162mm over the first 5 then it goes way up from there. If he stays healthy look for the chiefs to restructure around year 5. If he gets hurt look for them to fold up camp and stay home.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
It's official. The Redskins have retired their name and logo.
That was inevitable, still waiting to hear what the new name is going to be.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
The name I've heard that is the leader in the clubhouse is Redhawks. I like Red Tails.
I liked Washington Red Wolves, but apparently some “Patent Hobbiest” has patented that and several other of the popular guesses as well as the associated website names in an effort to score some cash to sell the patents. Jack wagons are everywhere.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I like Red Tails, which also happens to be a hawk.
I like the reference to this:
Eb-MgGFXQAABKoh

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Oh snap, I didn't realize that was the Tuskegee Airmen planes. Yeah, I vote for that.
Yeah, RedTails and Red Tails are also on that patent pirate’s list.

The only one I have seen mentioned that the team owns the patent to is Warriors.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.