• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2020-2021 NFL Season

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I don't know how the Packers beat anyone with their porous defense. Rodgers has to keep pulling miracles out of his bag.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
This has to be the strangest start to an NFL season in my lifetime. I had my fantasy draft last evening and it was damn near impossible to figure out who is going to win position battles without a single preseason game. It was almost completely guess work.

Since I am in a guessing zone, I will release my zero clue NFL division winners list.

AFC East - New England Patriots (hardest time saying this in the past twenty years, in Bill we Trust)
AFC West - K.C. Chiefs (no brainer)
AFC North - Cleveland Browns (Honestly, could be anyone, Browns have the most talent IMHO)
AFC South - Tennessee Titans (heart says Texans, brain says Titans)

NFC East - Philadelphia Eagles (anyone but the Cowboys, please)
NFC West - San Francisco 49ers (going to be a tough division, but I like the niners D)
NFC North - Detroit Lions (If Stafford does not get hurt last year, it could have been interesting)
NFC South - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (It’s what Brady does, besides, they are collecting talent like the Yankees)
OK, time to see how it went. The unpredictability of the season with COVID cost me a chance at a couple more success stories, but it also probably assisted somewhere along the line as well.

AFC East: should have said in Bills we Trust. Pats never found it this year. X
AFC West: a win here. Easiest pick to make with the Chiefs.
AFC North: my long shot almost came in. Browns nab a WC, bit Steelers prevailed. X
AFC South: glad I went against my heart, Titans grab the division by mere inches.

NFC East: total crap shoot. The nameless team befittingly won by losing. X
NFC West: Niners were out early with injuries. Russ cooked. Seattle take the West. X
NFC North: what was I thinking? Best team in football at the moment are the Pack. X
NFC South: Tom could not pull this one out for me. I still think the Bucs are better than the Saints. X

2 out of 8. This is why I do not gamble. ;)

Best team in the league right now are the Packers. The Bucs have heated up late in the season, so they could be the spoilers in the NFC Playoffs.

In the AFC, the Chiefs have looked rather bland in the last part of the season. They did what needed to get done, but there are a couple of other teams playing better football. Specifically, the Bills.

Super Bowl outlook: Bucs over the Bills. Tommy needs another ring.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
All that matters is the team formerly known as THE REDSKINS are going to the playoffs while the cowgirls and chickens stay home. Yeah, probably only 1 game, but 1 more game than them. And who knows...

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
All the Giants fans are more mad at the Eagles for losing (throwing?) the last game than they are at their own team for not winning more games. They are also mad that at 6-10 they didn't make the playoffs o_O
Right. It's a Sergio or DeShambles whining. Don't like your lie? Don't hit it there. Giants.....win a few more games and you're in. :rolleyes:

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
All the Giants fans are more mad at the Eagles for losing (throwing?) the last game than they are at their own team for not winning more games. They are also mad that at 6-10 they didn't make the playoffs o_O
Reality is that none of the NFC East teams deserve a playoff spot, one got a spot by default. If you do not like how the season turned out, win more f#@&!#g games next year. What would the G-men have done if in the same position as the Eagles and losing the meaningless game (for them) jumped them up three draft positions while protecting your future franchise QB?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Who should be in the playoffs:

upload_2021-1-4_13-36-32.png
upload_2021-1-4_13-37-11.png

Which is funny since the Vikings still get in with a losing record, but they are the 8th best team in the conference ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
John Elway "removed himself" as the Broncos GM, but stays on as the President of Football Operations
Will be interesting to see just how much he micro-manages a new GM. Broncos used to be a team to contend with. Walked over the Chiefs, season after season. Now, they are a doormat. Elway probably shouldn't get all the blame, but the buck stops at the top. For the good of football, would love to see a resurgence of the "Orange Crush". For the spite of PaPaD and a life long hatred of the Broncos... let 'em struggle!!! :>)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Reality is that none of the NFC East teams deserve a playoff spot, one got a spot by default. If you do not like how the season turned out, win more f#@&!#g games next year. What would the G-men have done if in the same position as the Eagles and losing the meaningless game (for them) jumped them up three draft positions while protecting your future franchise QB?
You're welcome to pull for the:

136342307_1815685668593742_1042542831074689906_n.jpg

team with no name, since they have the same record as your "not going to the playoffs" team with no quarterback. Well, you can pull for them for 1 game, anyway...

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
You're welcome to pull for the:

136342307_1815685668593742_1042542831074689906_n.jpg

team with no name, since they have the same record as your "not going to the playoffs" team with no quarterback. Well, you can pull for them for 1 game, anyway...
Patriots are where they belong with that miserable of a record, they did not deserve a playoff spot. Neither does the WFT belong in the playoffs with that record, but are getting in by default. That will help the Pats on draft day.:D

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Patriots are where they belong with that miserable of a record, they did not deserve a playoff spot. Neither does the WFT belong in the playoffs with that record, but are getting in by default. That will help the Pats on draft day.:D
I'm a REDSKINS fan AND an NC State fan/alum. I've learned to take any/all wins and be happy

🔥 Latest posts