Fac ut gaudeam
- Sep 1, 2004
It was certainly a strange Masters, given the time of year and the lack of patrons. It looked the same, the quality of golf was exceptional but something was missing. My overall thoughts:
- DJ proved he is #1 in the world, he seems to have gears at his disposal to turn a 300 yard “poke” into a 340 yard bomb, when required. He was SOLID all week. If he can keep in straight (not just on the course) I can forsee a few more majors in the tank.
- Cameron Smith, how lucky was he? He hit poor shot after poor shot but seemed to get a Tsunami of good fortune. He made amazing pars on 16 and 17 on day 3 and then extraordinary birdies on 9 and 15 on day 4. I’m not running him down, but his luck was certainly in.
- Im seems like a tank. With a bit more experience, he could be really dangerous.
- Poor old Rory, Day 1 took him out of it. Other than that he looked solid.
- And Tiggy’s 10? Wow. But the bigger wow was his response. While I would be tailspinning into a meltdown of epic proportions, he reeled off 5 birdies in his last 6 holes. Playa!!