• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2020 Masters Banter Thread

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I've managed to get Sky TV (UK sports cable TV) installed for this week. I will be settling on for extensive Masters coverage over the coming days, it's by far my favorite Major. My 12-year-old is hooked on golf right now, so it will be cool explaining it all to him.
Since you're set up for 'splainin', I'll set up a zoom meeting and you can 'splain Cricket to me. Then rugby.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
No idea why I picked DeChambeau. Never liked the guy and like him less now. Mad because he hits a ball 400 yards and no crowd is there to find it. Argues with the rules official that he shouldn't be penalized because it's "casual water". Argues that he should be able to review it on a television camera to see where t landed. Rules official pretty well told him to get in the cart and he would haul him back to the tee box... or walk back. When we mere mortals can't find our ball... we have to take a penalty. If DeChambeau should be able to use tv replays then what about players that aren't being televised?
Suck it up and go play golf.......

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
No idea why I picked DeChambeau. Never liked the guy and like him less now. Mad because he hits a ball 400 yards and no crowd is there to find it. Argues with the rules official that he shouldn't be penalized because it's "casual water". Argues that he should be able to review it on a television camera to see where t landed. Rules official pretty well told him to get in the cart and he would haul him back to the tee box... or walk back. When we mere mortals can't find our ball... we have to take a penalty. If DeChambeau should be able to use tv replays then what about players that aren't being televised?
Suck it up and go play golf.......

Then he promptly hits the exact same poor drive as the one he lost. lol

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
DeChambeau acted like a spoiled brat the rest of the round. Just as if he didn't care. Finished below the projected cut line.

Has quite possibly the worst attitude on tour. And it will likely be his downfall for years to come!! After him calling Augusta a par 67, he deserves it. For that alone I’m hoping he misses the cut

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Anyone watching Live from the Masters? Bryson needs to learn how to not project himself as so whiny.

That was pitiful. Passive aggressive like they should have made assumptions about his ball and given him relief. Then complain about the lie you got from the penalty (next) drive **you hit to the same place**.

I hope his health is OK, but that just sounded like excuses as well.

I'll admit my view of him took a nose dive when he yelled at the cameraman over protecting his "brand". He did more damage to that than any cameraman, IMHO.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
It's DJ's to lose. People crashing. Rahm's 8th hole looked like it was me playing it. Belly your second shot over in the trees. Hit a tree on the third shot and watch the ball dive deep into the underbrush. Heck! I've got that shot. JT having some ups and downs. Impressed with Ancer. Sorta wished he could have birdied 18 to be in the final two on Sunday with DJ.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rahm's 8th hole yesterday gave me some solace that the pros can hiccup. Woods' 10 on the par 3 12th, today, has me even more endeared to the Game of Golf!!! The Golf Gods bow to no one!!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
May be an unpopular opinion but this Masters felt weird to me, not like a real Masters. Not taking anything away from DJ, he may have won no matter what. I think the lack of crowds played a bigger factor at this tourney than any so far. And man the course was soft. I don’t go so far to give it an asterisk, but something didn’t feel right about it, 2020 I guess.

🔥 Latest posts