• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2020 PGA Championship, Harding Park discussion

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I’ve often thought the PGA to be right up there with the Masters for excitement. I think they do a great job setting up the course. Harding Park was cool but it was a bombers course.

I struggle with the US Open. I know they want to protect pat and all but man sometimes it’s just brutal watching it, especially the last 3-4 years. Too many gaffes with course set up. I like the way the other 3 set up the course. Set the pins, make it harder than a normal event and lets see what they can do. The USGA is more concerned with protecting par than running a great event.
For me, The Open and The Masters tie for first, US Open fairly far behind, PGA last. And again, really can't define why, it's just how I've always felt. The Open with bad weather (think Tom Watson) might be some of the finest golf ever played on the planet.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Wow. "How the hell could a mixed race family experience racism" isn't as good of a take as you seem to think it is.

Before you reply, think about that for a few minutes.
Yeah, I thought about it, and I wasn't talking about a mixed race family, and neither was CBS. They were talking about Champ, who nobody would ever know or care that he is "mixed race" as you call it and AA as CBS calls it.

The whole concept of "race" is obselete and should be abolished by law. And don't lecture me.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Masters>Open Championship>The Players Championship>PGA>US Open

Masters=Great Course, great action, and always drama.

Open Championship=Great courses, no gimmicks on course setup, scores dictated by strategy/weather not the R&A

The Players=Great Course, great set of finishing holes, strongest field in golf.

PGA=usually great courses, Course is not set up to protect par/make pros look foolish, usually good risk/reward holes which make it an entertaining watch.

US Open= Great courses, but often compromised by course setup. Basically have to play safe to have a chance.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
For me, The Open and The Masters tie for first, US Open fairly far behind, PGA last. And again, really can't define why, it's just how I've always felt. The Open with bad weather (think Tom Watson) might be some of the finest golf ever played on the planet.

I’ve never rooted harder for a player than I did for Watson in the British when he lost in a playoff to Cink. I’ll give the British credit, no other major would you see a 59 year old be able to compete. Norman has a run too when he was older. That’s pretty exciting. The length of the other majors takes those guys out of it. Sadly their putting took them out of it too.

🔥 Latest posts