• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2020 Season - General Discussions

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I hate to break it to you, Phil already was a money maker.
He was a money maker, true, but he has slowed down a bit against the young wave of talent on the regular tour the past year or two. With his commitment to fitness and distance, he could tear up the shorter Champions Tour layouts.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Yeah, in 2020 he only has two top-tens and $1.5M in earnings
Do you think he would earn more playing on the regular tour vs playing more on the champions tour? Obviously, he going to continue to chase Majors as long as he can, but would he earn more being a Top 5 guy on Champions or a Top 100 guy on the regular tour?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
At this point I don't think he's in it for the money, but I would guess he'd make more on the Champions Tour even though the purses are smaller.

Although, right now Langer leads the money list at 880k and Phil already has almost twice that.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
So I'm pretty sure I saw a PGA Tour player wearing an MLB logo on his shirt last week. Anyone know what that's about? Google is not helping.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
So I'm pretty sure I saw a PGA Tour player wearing an MLB logo on his shirt last week. Anyone know what that's about? Google is not helping.
There was a guy years ago that did that in exchange for game tickets.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I'm kinda surprised the tour allowed it, tbh.
Payne Stewart had a deal with the NFL back in the 90’s and would wear various team colors with the NFL Team logo’s.
AF1966F1-6011-4A11-A4EE-B48595F7C42D.jpeg

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Mickelson wins at -22 over 54 holes. Deputy win on the Champions Tour, picked up $450,000.

Between him and DJ this week, when did golf b3come so flippin easy?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Second time I have come across a 9 hole charity match that they are playing instead of ProAms at the tournaments. Today’s from the BMW tournament is a 7 club challenge over 9 holes. On now live on the Golf Channel.

Honma/Morikawa vs Na/DeChambeau

Last edited:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Payne Stewart had a deal with the NFL back in the 90’s and would wear various team colors with the NFL Team logo’s.
View attachment 32141
If I remember correctly, he would wear the team's colors/logo of the course location (Raiders when in Oakland, Dolphins in Miami). Not sure how he handled courses where there was no team.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Second time I have come across a 9 hole charity match that they are playing instead of ProAms at the tournaments. Today’s from the BMW tournament is a 7 club challenge over 9 holes. On now live on the Golf Channel.

Honma/Morikawa vs Na/DeChambeau
I tried to watch it but when everyone started sucking Bryson's dick because he hit the ball far... on the first hole... yeah I changed over to the hockey game.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I tried to watch it but when everyone started sucking Bryson's dick because he hit the ball far... on the first hole... yeah I changed over to the hockey game.
It got better after the first hole. I agree there was a little too much pumping his tires on the first tee.

🔥 Latest posts