• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2020 Season - General Discussions

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Ozarks National looked like a pretty easy course, tbh.
4 strokes over 2nd place, and I believe 8+ over the rest of the field. It definitely fit his game as there was a lot of room on the fairways.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Cases are on the rise everywhere. Even here in VT where we have been pretty low since the start we are seeing cars rise. Drove by the local hospital on two occasions last week. They have an outdoor testing center set up. Each time there had to be 20 cars lines up waiting. I know that peanuts compared to other places, but in our little state it’s a telling sign.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Probably less embarrassing to have a DQ on the leaderboard for the round than have a 92. The DQ, when seen by casual observers, could be due to any number of mishaps. The 92, when seen by those same folks, would see a chorus of "Who let this hacker into the tournament, anyway?" His DQ was simply from refusing to sign the scorecard for the 92.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Watching the Arnold Palmer today...I really did not miss having fans at the tournaments. Way too many “in the hole” and “mashed potatoes” from the limited crowd of 5000. Let’s go back to zero if they can not bite their f#@&!ng tounges.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still not watching much in the way of PGA tournament play. Catching some, but not staying glued to it. Boycotted last Sunday's final round because of the red/black "dress code". Caught a little of today's final round... the last three holes. Good to see Lee Westwood back playing some competitive golf.
I always thought there should have been some decorum requirements at the professional tourneys. It got our of hand, IMHO, and will be right back there as they open up the events. Alcohol and idiots!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Watching the Arnold Palmer today...I really did not miss having fans at the tournaments. Way too many “in the hole” and “mashed potatoes” from the limited crowd of 5000. Let’s go back to zero if they can not bite their f#@&!ng tounges.

I could not have said it better myself. I actually watched a little today. Had to shake my head at all the idiots yelling. I DID NOT miss that and can only guess that when pros were saying they missed the fans, it wasn’t those fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Still not watching much in the way of PGA tournament play. Catching some, but not staying glued to it. Boycotted last Sunday's final round because of the red/black "dress code". Caught a little of today's final round... the last three holes. Good to see Lee Westwood back playing some competitive golf.
I always thought there should have been some decorum requirements at the professional tourneys. It got our of hand, IMHO, and will be right back there as they open up the events. Alcohol and idiots!

Catching some but not staying glued to it is about how I feel about most sports these days. I used to be a die hard sports guy, knew all the rosters for NBA and NFL, a lot for baseball too. Now I’ll watch the final round of a major if it looks like it might be interesting. Haven’t watched NBA or MLB in years. I’ll still catch some football, more than the others. It just doesn’t do it for me anymore. Nothing political, or social...I just find myself with better things to do now than spend 3+ hours watching...unless it’s really compelling and frankly it hasn’t been all that often.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Catching some but not staying glued to it is about how I feel about most sports these days. I used to be a die hard sports guy, knew all the rosters for NBA and NFL, a lot for baseball too. Now I’ll watch the final round of a major if it looks like it might be interesting. Haven’t watched NBA or MLB in years. I’ll still catch some football, more than the others. It just doesn’t do it for me anymore. Nothing political, or social...I just find myself with better things to do now than spend 3+ hours watching...unless it’s really compelling and frankly it hasn’t been all that often.

I don't watch any college sports. No pro sports other than a few Chiefs games and a little golf. My wife likes to watch the Royals. But, we dropped all our sports package on our DTV this year because we just didn't use it that much. We have a couple guys in our geezer group who watch every sports broadcast they can get. I don't begrudge them that. It's just not something my wife and I enjoy.
Different strokes for different folks.

🔥 Latest posts