• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2020 Season - General Discussions

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Sadly, this could be true. Fans = revenue.

Yeah I know this is true, but it’s been nice without them on TV.

That being said, the money in pro sports TV is insane. Heard ESPN was throwing another billion, yes billion with a B, into the table to get a piece of the nfl pie.

I guess the money flows in politics and sports TV to keep the skids greased [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Haven't really enjoyed DeChambeau. Watched a few of the last holes on Sunday. Yesterday, he Tweeted an amazing tribute to Lee Westwood who was with him in the last group. Said what a gentleman Westwood is and what an honor it was to compete against him. I was impressed.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Haven't really enjoyed DeChambeau. Watched a few of the last holes on Sunday. Yesterday, he Tweeted an amazing tribute to Lee Westwood who was with him in the last group. Said what a gentleman Westwood is and what an honor it was to compete against him. I was impressed.
Like him or hate him, he was entertaining at Bay Hill.

It was nice to see Westwood performing well in the States in a non - Ryder Cup event. I have always enjoyed watching him play as there is nothing about his game that is flashy. Just solid consistency and a cold blooded killer in Europe and in the Ryder Cups.

It was a contrast in styles on Sunday at Bay Hill and I enjoyed watching both in the same group. DeChambeau is still relatively young and could use some maturing when it comes to his mouth on occasion, but he seems to be improving. He was clearly moved by Arnold Palmer and Tiger Woods and showed the utmost respect for both of them reaching out to him over the past several years.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Westwood's Achilles Heel has been the flat-stick. It has cost him about 3 Majors over the years, missing 8-10 footers when the heat was on. So it was nice to see him putt well under pressure and compete this week. It came down to the 18th and he pushed BDC all the way. He had an outstanding 2 putt on 18 from 80ft, showing character.

In fact, it turned out to be a great tournament, the final day played in very difficult conditions. I'm not a BDC fan, but he has changed the dynamic of the game, the stunt on #6 is only good for the game as it gets people to tune in again. Perhaps it becomes a circus, but if it gets more kids into the sport, then I'm all for it!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
That's all great, but I don't think it would make one hoot of a difference when it comes to ratings.

Shorter 3point lines don't seem to make a difference for WNBA. Maybe if we lowered the hoop? Unlikely.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I know it's 2021 but anyhow old man Cink just shot a 63 to lead the RBC.

Poor Stewie, his one major win was the one that I think just about 100% of the golfing world was rooting for Watson to win. Nobody remembers that open as him wing but Waton losing. I can’t think of one shot he hit but can recall at least 3 that Watson hit coming in that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Cink backed up his 63 with another 63 and then went on to win by four. Smoked kids half his age
geezer.gif

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Coverage of the tournaments is awful. Watched the Nelson today. Players in the top 15 were on fire.
But luck me, get to watch T35..Twhatever.
No Burns, no Spieth... just no nothing, though Rafa was good to watch.
Maybe it’s just the pga on prime, channel I watch ?

🔥 Latest posts