• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2020 US Open Banter Thread

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
So, the Golf Chanel pundits are speculating if this will be Phil’s last US Open. Barring a win, high enough finish to auto qualify next year, or an improved World ranking by next year’s cut off date; Philly Mick may not be invited again. That leaves open qualifying or winning the US Senior Open to qualify in future events.

Could be an end of an era come Sunday night.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Oh boy, Phil birdied the first two straight out of the gate....

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
JT leading at -5, wonder if all these players at minus figures will stay there?? The course is looking fantastic, I’m a huge history fan, so Winged Foot is super super cool to me. Recently underwent a huge renovation of the bunkers and greens too.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
JT and Reed now share the lead at -4. Dechambeau in the clubhouse at -3... its getting a little tougher out there today, wind has picked up!

Love him or Hate him, P. Reed seems to play really well on tough course setups. Phils struggles hurt my heart, after he played so well coming into this week... too bad!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
So, the Golf Chanel pundits are speculating if this will be Phil’s last US Open. Barring a win, high enough finish to auto qualify next year, or an improved World ranking by next year’s cut off date; Philly Mick may not be invited again. That leaves open qualifying or winning the US Senior Open to qualify in future events.

Could be an end of an era come Sunday night.
Looks like it could be and end of an era, tonight. :(

🔥 Latest posts