• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2021 General Discussions

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Tony Romo started off his first Korn Ferry Tour tournament with a chip-in eagle on the first hole.

He then went on to shoot 77 and is currently tied for last.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I think he did a good job with his commentating on NFL games. Sounds like he better not give up that job in an attempt to be a professional golfer.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Romo is on the cusp of being a professional golfer. Of course, it shows how hard it is to make it in golf. He is probably just short of being a Korn Ferry Tour player which is a long way from the PGA Tour. If he committed himself to golf, he could probably hang on the Korn Ferry Tour. Of course, his day job pays more than any Korn Ferry pro could dream of.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Golf is dumb.

Proof:

upload_2021-5-7_10-41-52.png

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Phil fired a 64 on Thursday, the lowest opening round of his entire career.

He followed it up with a 75 on Friday.

Golf is dumb.
I was able to watch his 64 yesterday, it was an amazing round of golf. One of his best rounds I have seen in a long time. Shame he shot a 75 today.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Golf is dumb.

Golf has no intelligence factor... genius or idiot. We who play this game, however, do. 99.9999% fall in the idiot class! No matter how athletically inclined, the mental "fartification factor" comes into play for every one of us.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Congrats, a close-run contest I believe. 10 Englishmen and 2 Irishmen. No Scots, no Welsh, quite disappointing that part. My guess is that they will open it up to a European team soon to make it more competitive. Similar to Ryder Cup pre-80s. Some future stars in that photo is my guess. Anyone worth keeping an eye on?

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Congrats, a close-run contest I believe. 10 Englishmen and 2 Irishmen. No Scots, no Welsh, quite disappointing that part. My guess is that they will open it up to a European team soon to make it more competitive. Similar to Ryder Cup pre-80s. Some future stars in that photo is my guess. Anyone worth keeping an eye on?
I watched quite a bit of it and they are all really good. Their touch around the greens was some of the best I've ever seen.
The crazy thing was that both of the teams got super sick the night before the tournament started and it ripped through everyone. Some guys even had to go to the emergency room. But they played on and by the end they were spent!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Cole Hammer and Pierceson Coody are playing in the AT&T Byron Nelson right now.
Sheesh! What an idiot! I thought TT was trying to make some joke. "Coal Hammer"... "Piercing Cooties" ... Couldn't get what was going on until I looked back at the Walker Cup post. I missed my nap today and ain't thinkin' right.........

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
This should help, Limp: Pierceson Coody is Charles Coody's grandson, and he's good at golf, like his grandfather was.

🔥 Latest posts