• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2021 General Discussions

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Thanks in part to the wonderful world of the internet and social media, have you ever seen one of those things?? They make my friggin head hurt! How does that much info help you??? Excuse me while I go pop some Advil!
Watching Korda and Salas in the LPGA final pairing today. Salas and her caddy sound like land surveyors or engineers. Add 3. 143. Take away 5. 138. Wind from left to right 2. 135 to cover. Got it. They speak another language while reading and making notes in those little books. Just hit the ball!!!!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Watching Korda and Salas in the LPGA final pairing today. Salas and her caddy sound like land surveyors or engineers. Add 3. 143. Take away 5. 138. Wind from left to right 2. 135 to cover. Got it. They speak another language while reading and making notes in those little books. Just hit the ball!!!!!
The math and other calculations they are all doing in their heads, is quite impressive, you gotta give them that!! But I also agree with you, speeding up play would include removing these things from the round. Or at least simplify them some what maybe??

A course I worked at had very neat but simple yardage books that I really liked. They were based essentially off the irrigation system, each sprinkler had a little plaque with yardage to the centre of the green. We later updated them to include front, middle and back. The booklets mapped out the heads on each hole for you, gave you layup and carry yardages for all hazards (ponds, creeks, bunkers etc.) as for greens, they were also simple; depth, width of the surface and a general sloped back to front, left to right. They also marked what I call significant forms on the greens; Ridges, humps etc. My favourite part was the little blurb from the architect on how to play the hole along with his name for each.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
DeShambeau and Rahm both out or the Olympics, testing positive for COVID. Rahm got poked after he had to bow out of a tourney a few weeks ago. But, it takes a few weeks for the vaccine to be fully effective.
Probably good for golf there are no more major championships until 2022. Look for more positives the way we are seeing a resurgence and with the variants that seem to be more contagious.

🔥 Latest posts