• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2021 Masters Banter Thread

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Oof

upload_2021-4-7_12-48-25.png

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Spieth not having a good day. My Fleetwood pick isn't working out. Should have kept Rahm and dumped Fleetwood. Rose tearing it up. Too bad I didn't take him.

Enjoying watching DeChambeau suffering. ( I shouldn't be that way.) He puts a new driver in the bag the days before The Masters. And... it's all over the course.

My buddy Reed doing okay. If Spieth can get his act together, he along with Reed and JT should help me out with the coffee cup challenge.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
  • Spieth triples a hole and still is one of the few under par. He's missed a couple putts he should have made. Still with the triple on his card, he shows he could contend.
  • DeChambeau looked totally out of it, mentally. Had trouble off the tee and around the green. Has lots of work to do if going to be in the running on Sunday.
  • DJ would need a huge run to compete. Back in the pack.
  • Rose played a different game, today, than anyone else in the field. Can he repeat three more days?
  • As much as I enjoy Michelson, he just needs to wait and join the senior tour.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
He already did. But as a past Masters champion he's allowed to play it for the rest of his life.
Maybe he could join Nicklaus and Player as honorary starters!!!!

Larry Mize, Freddy, etc. all still play due to their "Green Jacket exemption". Mize was something like 14 over in his first round.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Looks like Phil is going to make the cut. DeChambeau made up ground and will play the weekend. Rory going home. DJ flirting with the cut line putting one on the water on 15. Field has tightened up for the weekend so it should be a good weekend of watching the Masters.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Sergio, Rory, DJ, Koepka, Kuch... all going home. My buddy Reed blew up on the back nine. He's still playing the weekend, but fell back a few spots. All four of my picks will play the last two rounds.

"Interesting" watching someone putt with their 3-wood. Why, when you are privileged enough to be playing The Masters, would you let your temper get the best of you. The thousands would would give theier right arm to play and you can't hold your temper. Heck of it is, he's still tied for 6th place.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
"Interesting" watching someone putt with their 3-wood. Why, when you are privileged enough to be playing The Masters, would you let your temper get the best of you. The thousands would would give theier right arm to play and you can't hold your temper. Heck of it is, he's still tied for 6th place.

That fire inside is what makes the pro’s different than the rest of us. It drives them to practice and compete at a different level. Unfortunately, the pot sometimes boils over into a public display. Should he have slammed his putter into ground, no, but it is a by product of that internal drive and the disbelief that the ball did not do what was the expected result. He is not the first, nor will he be the last to accomplish such a feat. Even the greats like Tiger have boiled over a time or two in big events,

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Matsuyama caught on fire after the storm delay. Looks like he will have to Normanize himself tomorrow if anyone one else wants a good chance of catching him.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Matsuyama caught on fire after the storm delay. Looks like he will have to Normanize himself tomorrow if anyone one else wants a good chance of catching him.

With the weight of a country, nation, what have you on his shoulders. Matsuyama has one hell of a task in front of him today. Good luck to him, it will be something amazing to see!!

Good morning everyone, kids are up, coffee made, let’s DO THIS!!! Masters Sunday, I love it!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online