• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2021 Masters Banter Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Matsuyama's to lose. Everyone else... except Zalatoris... is folding under Sunday pressure at The Masters. Just would like to see it become a shootout to put some back nine excitement in the mix. Nothing against Matsuyama. Like the pressures when the current 3 shot difference becomes 1 or none. All others are too far back with too few holes left to play.
Can't get over how skinny Zalatoris appears to be. I have lead pencils that look thicker than his legs!!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
What the hell is that putting grip/stroke Zalotris is using? How is that legal but anchoring isn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Masters does not begin until the back nine on Sunday....well, maybe, but it sure has ended for a lot of folks. Mustsuyama and the kid are the only ones in it barring an epic meltdown by both of them.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
What the hell is that putting grip/stroke Zalotris is using? How is that legal but anchoring isn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basically, as long as the butt cap is not anchored/touching a body part you are not anchored. Most of the ex-anchor club have a long putter “locked” to their arm but not anchored to their body. It’s a fine line.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Story is Schaufelle is fluent in Japanese. He and Matsuyama were trading jokes in Japanese before the start of today's round.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Matsuyama loses one at 12. If he can avoid water he should be golden.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Masters does not begin until the back nine on Sunday....well, maybe, but it sure has ended for a lot of folks. Mustsuyama and the kid are the only ones in it barring an epic meltdown by both of them.
Not enough holes left for anything but a Matsuyama massive upchuck all over his shoes. He certainly deserves the win for as well as he has held it together.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Matsuyama sure got loose off the tee on 13. Guess he could end his round with 6 bogeys, but I doubt it.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Xander! Eagle opportunity on 13. Matsuyama showing some wheel wobble on Amen Corner. 13th hole can change the Masters.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Nope. Both birdied 13. 15th last opportunity for a big swing.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Zalatoris. Kind of let things slide a bit on on the back nine, but what a fabulous sand shot on 15. This kid needs a nickname.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Matsuyama over 15 into the water! Xander fails to capitalize and puts it in the bunker right. Still some opportunity for a big swing in scores on 15.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Xander with a great bunker shot on 15! Matsuyama still not on the green in 4.

🔥 Latest posts