• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2021 PLAYERS Championship

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Byeong An at 17 just now...

upload_2021-3-11_10-40-28.png

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
#17....probably my favorite televised hole in golf to watch.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Can't believe how many balls went in the water on 17 yesterday. I think it has got in their heads.

If I ever got a chance to tee it up on that hole, I'd be shaking like a shxxxing dog!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Can't believe how many balls went in the water on 17 yesterday. I think it has got in their heads.

If I ever got a chance to tee it up on that hole, I'd be shaking like a shxxxing dog!
Apparently, they replaced the greens in the past year and they are playing a bit firmer. Watching the coverage yesterday, it did look like the green was less receptive than in years past and more balls ended up rolling off the back edge. Flag placement was probably the most difficult location on the green yesterday as well. Balls short of the pin tended to funnel back to the left front part of the green, balls landing near the pin went off the back, and the only way to get it close was to hit into the slope short of the pin with enough spin to avoid going off the back. Traditional Sunday pin placement in the back right and the traditional front pin placement should result in less water balls.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Watched just a bit of the tourney, yesterday. Fully convinced I could break 90 on that course... on the front nine... then toss my entire bag in a water hazard out of frustration.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Westwood vs DeChambeau for the second week in a row on Sunday. Should be fun to watch.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Westwood vs DeChambeau for the second week in a row on Sunday. Should be fun to watch.
I could say age vs. youth. Can't. Our eldest daughter is 50!!! The "old guy".... Westwood... is just 47!

Will still be rooting for Westwood. However, was impressed with DeChambeau and his respect for Westwood after last week's win.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Adam Scott...first 3 rounds combined distance from the pin on #17 was less than 6 feet. Sunday, splashdown right of the pin in the water.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
What the hell just happened on #4? DeChambeau cold tops one into a hazard 100 yards off the tee and Westwood just hits a massive short slice off the tee into the hazard.

DeChambeau then hits his third off the ladies tee and slices one onto some road I have never seen before.

WTF is going on?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
DeChambeau cold topped the tee ball with his 3-wood. Then hit the same club dead right. Is it the club? DeChambeau just chunked a sand shot and made bogey. He's struggling. Westwood not super sharp either. The back 9 could be a disaster for either... or both.

🔥 Latest posts