• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2021 PLAYERS Championship

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Looks like JT is the only one out there that really has the game working right now.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
At 47 years old, Westwood's two sole second finishes in two weeks should help pay his rent. Pretty good paydays both weeks. Good to see JT pull it out. Some competitive golf on the PGA, lately.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I was rooting for Westy until JT got in the mix. He played the weekend fantastic. Couldn't get the putts to drop or he would have won by a big margin.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I was rooting for Westy until JT got in the mix. He played the weekend fantastic. Couldn't get the putts to drop or he would have won by a big margin.
Westwood lost his ability to hit fairways... sometimes by a lot. I think he hit like 2 out of 14 fairways. He was scrambling too much to stay in it. I really wanted Westwood to win. Enjoy JT and was glad to see him win... if anyone but Westwood won.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I was rooting for Westwood. But Westwood does what he’s always done...fell apart in the last few holes. Oh well, good to see him back and playing well.

Liked seeing JT win, especially after his “hot mic” incident a few weeks back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I was rooting for Westwood. But Westwood does what he’s always done...fell apart in the last few holes. Oh well, good to see him back and playing well.
Liked seeing JT win, especially after his “hot mic” incident a few weeks back.

I think, in fairness Jim, neither BDC or Westwood had their A games. JT did, he said he was one of his best ball-striking games ever. Westwood did well to get as far as he did. For once it wasn't his putting, his normal nemesis. . I'd love to see him contend in Augusta, might be his best opportunity.

I thought overall this was the most entertaining event this year.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I just want to know what was on JT’s mind as he watched his drive on 18 just hang along the waterline landing just a couple of feet from disaster. :D

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I just want to know what was on JT’s mind as he watched his drive on 18 just hang along the waterline landing just a couple of feet from disaster. :D

upload_2021-3-15_10-56-4.png

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I have nothing against Bryson, but I didn't want him to win. As soon as Justin made his move, I jumped in his corner. You could see Westy just didn't have it Sunday. I wouldn't rule Westy out for the Masters though. Fits his game better I think.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I think, in fairness Jim, neither BDC or Westwood had their A games. JT did, he said he was one of his best ball-striking games ever. Westwood did well to get as far as he did. For once it wasn't his putting, his normal nemesis. . I'd love to see him contend in Augusta, might be his best opportunity.

I thought overall this was the most entertaining event this year.

I’d love to see Westwood get a win. He’s on the list, somewhat long, of euros to cross the Lind and not have a great track record on the PGA tour. I didn’t realize though, he has 44 worldwide wins.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I have nothing against Bryson, but I didn't want him to win. As soon as Justin made his move, I jumped in his corner. You could see Westy just didn't have it Sunday. I wouldn't rule Westy out for the Masters though. Fits his game better I think.
His caddy probably "wore him out" Saturday night! :rolleyes: Won't have to worry about that at The Masters. She isn't going to be caddying for him. He will have his son, Sam, on the bag at Augusta.

🔥 Latest posts