• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2022 Masters Banter Thread

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Congrats to WBL our 2022 Masters Challenge Champion!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 6.44.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 6.44.53 PM.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 91

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
What a performance by Scottie Scheffler, was more than impressed by how he played his final round. His wedge shots around the greens were spectacular! Feel pretty bad for Cam Smith as well, bitten by Amen Corner, but still played really well. My stand out was Rory, just cause I’m a fan, his final round was signs of things to come. I’m hoping anyway!!

It’s Monday and I’m already excited for next year!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Rory did just enough to come in second. This may be his major he keeps coming close to, but never grabs it. Kind of like Phil and the US Open.

Scheffler was awesome right up until the 72nd green. In his post round interview he admitted he let himself soak in the atmosphere when he reached the 18th green and he lost his concentration. Nice to have a cushion when you lose the plot. 😄

Cam Smith will be winning a major soon. His short game and approach game are masterful. His tee game let him down yesterday.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
What a performance by Scottie Scheffler, was more than impressed by how he played his final round. His wedge shots around the greens were spectacular! Feel pretty bad for Cam Smith as well, bitten by Amen Corner, but still played really well. My stand out was Rory, just cause I’m a fan, his final round was signs of things to come. I’m hoping anyway!!

It’s Monday and I’m already excited for next year!
Still some major championships to go! How will Scheffler perform across the ocean at The Open Championship? Will the USGA make the U.S. Open venue as tough as they've been known to do? Gonna be fun watching these guys all fight it out.
Is Scheffler another Jordan Spieth? Win a bunch of great tourneys and then let his game fall off the map? David Duval?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Still some major championships to go! How will Scheffler perform across the ocean at The Open Championship? Will the USGA make the U.S. Open venue as tough as they've been known to do? Gonna be fun watching these guys all fight it out.
Is Scheffler another Jordan Spieth? Win a bunch of great tourneys and then let his game fall off the map? David Duval?
Good question. I think he has a good head so hopefully he'll be a top dog for a long time. Was very impressed with Rory Sunday. We might see him up high in the coming majors.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I basically didn't get to watch any of the tournament over the weekend. Did I see that Scheffler 3-putt doubled the 72nd hole and still won by three? Yowza!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Work has consumed me, but it's paying off to the tune of 4 nice closings this month (3 already done).
Wife's sister wants to move back here from Cheyenne. She was here a few weeks ago to take a look at what is available. Well... nothing is "available"!!! We made appointments one day to see two houses the next day. Both homes sold before we could even view them. Nothing at any price stays on the market more than a few days. And, they are selling at tens of thousands over asking price. It becomes a bidding war!!! People will be in homes that will never appreciate and, depending on the economy, may be so upside down in they will never get their money back.

Drive around out community. Homes from $500,000 to well over $1 million are going up as fast as they can be built. The cost of construction materials has not slowed the homebuilder market one little bit. What has slowed some of the building is the lack of labor, but that is an entirely different issue. We're just comfortable sitting here in our little "shack", owing nobody a dime. At this age "keeping up with the Jones's" has zero interest for us.

🔥 Latest posts