• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2022 Open Championship Banter Thread

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
End of day one

AZG 97
IG 115
Splunge 119
UALTim 128
MCD 139
FWS 150
TEA 161
WBL 169
limp 269
sssmokin 269

Pre-cut these numbers don't mean much (i.e. Tiger is in 146th place etc)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
If you notice the two folks in last place... one of them me... picked Woods!!! I traded McIlroy for Woods???!!!! What a dunce!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
This morning, Woods looks like he just doesn't want to be there. Not playing great. Scowl on his face. Looks like he is suffering from the cold.

Loved the statement he made about the LIV this past week. Said with the money these guys are being paid, what is the motivations to win. They will never have to win another tournament and still be bazillionaires. Might be a little of what one could see in his face this morning. "What the heck am I doing out here freezing my butt off? I could be lounging on my yacht in sunshine and warmth, a "hostess" sitting on my lap, and not a worry in the world!"

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Might be a little of what one could see in his face this morning. "What the heck am I doing out here freezing my butt off? I could be lounging on my yacht in sunshine and warmth, a "hostess" sitting on my lap, and not a worry in the world!"
Because he knows that golf is about winning majors.

I looked back and I think the first golfer to earn $1M in prize money (for an entire season) was Curtis Strange in like 1992. Prior to about the 1970s golf was never about the money.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Every major I've been picking Cameron Smith, Viktor Hovland, and Rory in the coffee cup challenge, and they did nothing. Now I don't pick them, and they're all up near the top. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Every major I've been picking Cameron Smith, Viktor Hovland, and Rory in the coffee cup challenge, and they did nothing. Now I don't pick them, and they're all up near the top. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.
Cam has a way of faltering on Sundays in majors. Two days to go, the leaderboard will change a bit in that time.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
End of day two:

Splunge 45
AZG 61
TEA 67
IG 73
MCD 78
FWS 93
UALTim 116
limp 134
WBL 173
sssmokin 223

Morikawa and Tiger were the only ST picks that didn't make the cut.

Bring on the weekend!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Tuned in this morning and was immediately disappointed. Apparently, Bah Bah Booey has made its way across the pond and is now spoiling TV coverage there as well.🤬

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
4 straight birds for Hovland, 2 in a row for Rory, hole must look like a swimming pool right now.

I think hovland’s made like 100’ of putts in the last 4 holes.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
There’s one district advantage to small children when it comes to The Open. Up in time to catch lots of coverage

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
There’s one district advantage to small children when it comes to The Open. Up in time to catch lots of coverage
Yeah I’m just sitting at work and I’ll be doing NOTHING today besides watching golf.
Unless I go to Chipotle for lunch that is

🔥 Latest posts