• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2022 PGA Banter Thread

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Discuss the PGA Championship and why Phil should probably skip this one but will likely show up anyhow.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
One of my friends from the course is going down for the PGA. He is a good stick, winning many of our tourneys. 60ish. Retired Evergy exec. (Evergy is our electric utility.)
He's also this year's President of our Board. I'm the VP. We have been a good team, working together quite closely. Both of us believe in transparency, with no secrets or hidden agendas.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
You should go with him
And lose out on winning another 50 cents or $1.00??? Honestly, the May Board meeting is Tuesday night. Lots going on right now. I have to chair the BOD meeting since he is going to Tulsa on Tuesday. Problems with our Greens Superintendent. Some course irrigation issues. Right now is not the time for both of us to be gone at the same time.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Michelson just withdrew from the PGA Championship. Short message from the PGA... Hate to see you go, but don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Michelson just withdrew from the PGA Championship. Short message from the PGA... Hate to see you go, but don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you!
I came close to picking him…figured it would be just like Phil to come back and win. Then I saw the Tour deny all wavers for the LIV Tour event, figured the chances of Phil withdrawing after that increased dramatically.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
As a Phil fan, and perhaps soon to be one, this is getting pretty hard to watch. Not really sure what it is he’s doing, but I really do hope he’s ok!

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
As a Phil fan, and perhaps soon to be one, this is getting pretty hard to watch. Not really sure what it is he’s doing, but I really do hope he’s ok!
It'll take time but it'll blow over. He's a HOF'er and has been a fan favorite for decades. Remember when Drew Brees pissed everyone off and made several apologies? You probably don't, but even if you do, you'll remember that eventually it went back to status quo. We do that with athletes for some reason (especially in the NFL with rapists and woman beaters) and I realize that golf is a different animal but heeeyyy... it's Phil.... c'monnnn

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Didn't even realize TW was playing until saw Tea's picks. Another tourney where we will see his shots replayed rather than the leaders. But... would not surprise me to see him win the durn thing either. I ain't pickin' him, though!!!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
It'll take time but it'll blow over. He's a HOF'er and has been a fan favorite for decades. Remember when Drew Brees pissed everyone off and made several apologies? You probably don't, but even if you do, you'll remember that eventually it went back to status quo. We do that with athletes for some reason (especially in the NFL with rapists and woman beaters) and I realize that golf is a different animal but heeeyyy... it's Phil.... c'monnnn
I do vaguely remember the Drew Brees mess. And I do totally agree the NFL and its fans seem to pass out a lot of ‘free passes’ to these guys, because they are athletes?!?!

Phil is for sure a HOF’er and with enough time, anything can ‘blow over’

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Quite a group for Thurs/Fri

1652821870020.png

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Bryson is out. Withdrew as his wrist is not quite ready to go.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Rory is just smoking the driver today. Killing it down the middle of the fairways and way long. Class of the field for the morning tee times.
He is making Tiger and Spieth look ordinary.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Two of my picks :poop:
Tiger and Spieth are doing OK, it’s just that Rory was making them look bad as he was playing out of his mind. With the wind picking up, I do not think too many folks are going to be under par in the afternoon tee times.

🔥 Latest posts