• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2022 PGA Banter Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
One of my good friends went to Tulsa for the first two days. He got back home last night. Texted him this morning and said I didn't see him on the leaderboard. Asked if he missed the cut. His reply, "I made the cut but withdrew when I saw Daly's pants!" :>)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Tiger struggling a bit this morning. On the 9th hole he hit a shot out of a fairway bunker that embedded into the turf above the bunker. Got a free drop from the embedded lie, but the shot went less than 10 ft forward.

It did not help that he tweaked his knee getting into the practice bunker just prior to starting his round. It is painful to watch him walk downhill or down steps.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Yep! Woods had a 41 on the front.

Spieth just had a double. Acted like he didn't even care about the putt for bogey. Rahm had an interesting 'Mick Jagger'. (Lip out). Sorta fun watching these guys struggle like we "common folk" deal with on any given day.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Yep! Woods had a 41 on the front.

Spieth just had a double. Acted like he didn't even care about the putt for bogey. Rahm had an interesting 'Mick Jagger'. (Lip out). Sorta fun watching these guys struggle like we "common folk" deal with on any given day.
These guys have a ways to go if they want to struggle like I do😄

Seeing more good approach shots today than the last two days, but no one is really going low. That could change as the later tee times hit the course.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Nice to see Ricky playing the weekend in a major. It’s been a while since he had his “A” game.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Tiger refused an on camera interview after the round. Apparently, there is a question of whether he will be able to play tomorrow’s round. He will decide after consulting his staff this evening.

From what I saw on TV, he does not look fit to continue.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Zalatoris heading in the wrong direction on the scoreboard. Pereira is pulling away from the field.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
And now Pereira is heading backwards after a string of bogeys opening up the field of players that can win this tomorrow.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
And now Pereira is heading backwards after a string of bogeys opening up the field of players that can win this tomorrow.
Should be a dogfight tomorrow. Nobody playing like they want it. No matter who's in the last group on Sunday, the tourney could well be over before they get to 17 or 18.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
And Tiger withdraws from the PGA. Southern Hills and bad weather got the best of him. Next time we see Tiger will be at Brookline in the Bay State?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Watching Spieth this morning, it’s amazing how good his wedge, pitching, and chipping game still is. Accuracy off the tee and his putting are holding him back. His putting woes have me thinking back to an interview I saw with him when he started winning majors. He was asked about his putter and he relayed the story of how he picked it up at Scotty Cameron’s Studio. He relayed that he was actually putting better with a different model than his 009, but wanted the 009 so bad he started missing putts with the other putter intentionally so that he could get the 009. The history of players using the 009 and what they accomplished with it was more of a motivator than actual performance.

Maybe it’s time to swap it out for something that works a bit better.

Here is a more recent article with the story:

Last edited:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Zalatoris ties the lead at the 5th…then flies it over the 6th green Into trouble. Pereira then immediately puts his approach tight on the 5th. Next few minutes could determine the outcome.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Zalatoris hits an amazing wedge off the cart path after several minutes of multiple rules officials discussing the drop after he declared his ball unplayable. Somehow drops the putt for bogey. 2 shot swing, but it could have been much, much worse.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
JT making a run while everyone else falters. He could make it interesting.

🔥 Latest posts