• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2023 General Discussions

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Pebble bared its teeth last week and stupid Aaron Rodgers won the Pro-Am.

Now bring on the debauchery that is the Phoenix Open

1675960665544.png

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Might watch the final round on Sunday. Super Bowl will be boring with Mahomes and the Chiefs running all over the Eagles!! :rolleyes::D

Just hope for a good, competitive game! Possibility of no golf tomorrow, so may watch some of the WM. Going to the daughter's on Saturday, so no golf... playing or on tv. SB is late on Sunday, so may watch the WM early.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Are any of the Ams handicaps real? Seems like a whole lot of whining over a common practice at that event.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
My dad just sent me a video, he's on the 18th fairway at the Phoenix Open

/jealous

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Phoenix Open Top-5 payouts:

1 Scottie Scheffler (-19) $3,600,000
2 Nick Taylor (-17) $2,180,000
3 Jon Rahm (-14) $1,380,000
4 Justin Thomas (-13) $980,000
5 Jason Day (-12) $820,000

Perspective: In 1992 Curtis Strange was the first golfer to earn $1 million over an entire season.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
This is the 1st place payout for the Phoenix Open since 1987. There was definitely a Tiger effect, even though he never plays there anymore, but evidently LIV golf really has helped the game of golf. In one aspect anyhow, lol

1676312812808.png

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Tiger tampon incident. WTF was he thinking? 1st tournament back after years of recovery and he pulls this?

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Tiger tampon incident. WTF was he thinking? 1st tournament back after years of recovery and he pulls this?
Seriously, wtf. Then JT throws it on the ground and they just keep walking. Facepalm moment

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Seriously, wtf. Then JT throws it on the ground and they just keep walking. Facepalm moment
When play gets serious and you pull your club, is a tampon in the way a moveable or immovable obstruction? 🙃

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
"Full Swing" discussion under "General Golf Talk". Mixed reviews in our area. I've watched all except the final episode. Good to see the interaction between players, their families, etc.

Most of today's players were born and raised with a golf club in their hand. "Bred to play golf". Good success stories.

Guess I'm too old. Seve owned on golf club as a youth... a 3-iron. He would spend hours sneaking onto a close by course and playing hole after hole with that single iron. Turned that love of golf into championships. Trevino, etc. would make more money from their side bets with locals than they tourneys paid. Shared rides in broken down cars from tourney site to tourney site. Different times. Different backgrounds.

I've enjoyed watching it. A couple of my golf buddies have raved about it.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Anyone watch the LIV event? Seems like a grade 2 "off season" exhibition event. Not sure it is really threatening the PGA events at all.

🔥 Latest posts