• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2024 Golfing Goals

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Happy Christmas STers! Hope you all have fun over the holidays. I have a few games lined up, particularly looking forward to playing with my sons.

So what are your golfing goals for 2024? Here's a few for me:

- Improve my golf fitness, specifically my swing speed between now and April.
- Drop my index 2 points by end of 2024 season.
- Shoot par or better at least once.
- Win something! I used to pick up a gong or two every year or so. The last few years have been very lean.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Good goals! Mine are essentially the same except for dropping my index. I don't want it going up, but don't necessarily need it to come down either. Either way, I definitely want to get back to picking up trophies again.

My knees and back are getting to a point where I can't properly work out, so I joined a new gym with a lap pool and have been working on getting a no-impact, overall workout. So far so good. I'm hoping this will translate into more flexibility and getting back to the "younger TEA" swing.

Cheers Mark, and Merry Christmas!
TEA

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
1. Hope my health holds enough to see 250 rounds in 2024. If I make that many at age 77/78, I'll take it.
2. Somehow, some way learn to putt!!! My GIR's are good. Just miss too many short birdie putts!!
3. Maybe finally buy a new golf bag. This one dates back to 2009/2010ish. Been a great bag, but one of the zippers finally gave out. Used to be red, now a faded pink. Just can't understand golf bags being close to $300.00!!! That's what I paid for my first car!!!!!

Jun 24, 2006
1) Improve my putting by 0.5-1 Strokes a round (according to Arccos)
2) Increase Peak Heigh and spin #'s to normal ranges for entire bag
2) At least 2 Tournament wins
3) Finish Low Canadian at World Military Golf Championship
4) Finish Top 8 as an Individual at World Military Golf Championship
5) Team Medal at World Military Golf Championship

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
1. Touch my golf clubs more than twice this year.
2. Take my oldest boy golfing. He's been asking to try it.

That's all.
Your wife and I would appreciate you being gone longer and more often. 😁 If you don't accomplish anything else this year, take him golfing. I can think of no better golf goal in life, and can only hope that I have a grandchild one day who wants me to take him or her golfing for the first time.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
and can only hope that I have a grandchild one day who wants me to take him or her golfing for the first time.
That's the key. My oldest never really wanted to go, but went because he knew I wanted him to go. My younger son wanted me to take him for his first round ever at age 17 and I was beaming! I waited a long time for that and it was 100% worth the wait.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
That's the key. My oldest never really wanted to go, but went because he knew I wanted him to go. My younger son wanted me to take him for his first round ever at age 17 and I was beaming! I waited a long time for that and it was 100% worth the wait.
I played a few times with my older step son (at the time) when he was starting out, always walked. 2 great memories: played the front 9, he was up by 2 on #8 tee box. I beat him by 4 on the next 2 holes, partially because I got in his head. He was mad for about 2 hours, then I said "You know why you lost?" "Yeah, you got lucky" "Nope, I got in your head and you let me. When you start playing matches (he was in middle school when he started playing school golf), the boys are going to try and get in your head. Play your game no matter who is ahead, ignore the comments, you'll win a lot more than you lose" He thought about it for a minute or two and said "That is what you did to me, I get it" and he was grinning. He told me a few years later he never forgot that lesson and always used it.

The other memory: I was walking a hole behind him when he got his first hole in one. That was a fantastic moment!

🔥 Latest posts