• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

21* Nike VR Pro Hybrid

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
I know this is an older club but I was wondering if anyone played it or tried it.

Some of the things that made me want this club was the small head, the lack of offset and the ability to bend this thing to my specs. I want to flatten it 2* and also drop the loft to 20*. I'm always looking for an anti-hook hybrid and I've read a lot about this model.

Any input would be great!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I can't tell you much about the Nike but with the Titleist 910/913 hybrids you can open the face and flatten the lie without bending.

OP
trumb1mj

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
I can't tell you much about the Nike but with the Titleist 910/913 hybrids you can open the face and flatten the lie without bending.

I actually have the 910 and although I like the ability to flatten the lie, this thing is so big. It looks more like a wood than an iron. I like the looks of the Nike because it's so small--more iron like I guess.

I am such a hybrid ho :(

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I actually have the 910 and although I like the ability to flatten the lie, this thing is so big. It looks more like a wood than an iron. I like the looks of the Nike because it's so small--more iron like I guess.

I am such a hybrid ho :(
I hear that, (I have the 17*)the toe is a little too big and square looking. I've been hitting it well lately, so I won't complain though. I will never get rid of my 585H, great club...but it's not adjustable.

OP
trumb1mj

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
I keep searching, hoping I'll find that silver bullet hybrid but just end up with a dusty collection. My closet looks like a museum display: "The History of the Hybrid"

Nike CPR (pro and standard), TM Burner, TEE, Adams VTech, 910h

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
I've got the Nike VR Pro 21*... love it. I like my long irons, (1,2,3) but I can take them out and use this. I picked mine up to replace a Callaway that I was going to reshaft, but found it cheaper to buy a new hybrid. Also I got the RocketBallz 4-pw so needed to fill the gap. GREAT club. Show up at the range today at 4:15 with eclark and me, and you can hit it. I found a used one for $59, they had em NEW for $69.... duh, but they were mismarked I guess, cause all the other stores had them marked at $169.;)

OP
trumb1mj

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
I've got the Nike VR Pro 21*... love it. I like my long irons, (1,2,3) but I can take them out and use this. I picked mine up to replace a Callaway that I was going to reshaft, but found it cheaper to buy a new hybrid. Also I got the RocketBallz 4-pw so needed to fill the gap. GREAT club. Show up at the range today at 4:15 with eclark and me, and you can hit it. I found a used one for $59, they had em NEW for $69.... duh, but they were mismarked I guess, cause all the other stores had them marked at $169.;)

Nice, I picked one up on ebay in good condition for $30 shipped. I hope I can finally find a hybrid that can stay in my bag for a while!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I game the Nike VR Pro 18 degree hybrid. It's a great hybrid. I moved from a larger headed G10 hybrid to this one. At first I was worried about the smaller sized head but it was all "in my head". I haven't had a problem hitting it & it gives a nice deep thwack sound of the face rather than the tinny "ting" sound of my previous gamer.

I'm actually on the hunt for a VR Pro 21 degree hybrid in good condition.

Btw, the VR Pro got rave reviews on MyGolfSpy.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
I have one that I am looking to sell, it has a Matrix hM2 Black shaft in it. It is a really good club, solid feel and the ball jumps off the face.

🔥 Latest posts