• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

22 degrees F

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
22 degrees F when we teed off this morning. 32 degrees when we finished our 18 holes. North breeze most of the round. Wind chill was 11 degrees F when we walked on the #1 tee.

The sun was shining and it really wasn't that bad. No frost, just cold. It's a tough job, but someone had to do it!!!! :>)

We picked up a heater for the cart over the winter. With the winter cover, it stays toasty warm inside. You can warm your hands between shots.

There were a couple groups of us "who have no life outside this dastardly game". What surprised us was that there was a group of 4 hitting off #1 as we came off #18. These guys even rented carts to play in 32 degree weather. And, yes, the pro shop said they bought a 12 pack of Bud Light to take with them for the round.

Supposed to be a tad bit warmer tomorrow. Coffee at 8 a.m. and, if there's no frost, tee off at 9.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
awesome!

I've got tee times for 36 holes next Friday in Nashville. I can't wait - it's been a long 6 months

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Sounds like a fun round Limp!

I can imagine it gets pretty hot in that cart with the heater running. It gets to the point in the ice shanty that we have to shut it off for periods of time because we will start sweating it gets so hot in there.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
sssmokin and I passed up on our yearly March trip to Kentucky this year. It's been too much of a crap shoot in regard to the weather and temperatures. We've been nailed with thunderstorms (tornado nearby), cold and mud (carts on the cart path) in the last few years. The burmuda fairways aren't green and just not worth the risk of putting down money for a set 3 days. The price is cheap but we hate playing in rain and mud and if we wanted to golf in the cold we could stay in Wisconsin. Limp, your a better man then I golfing in that cold. Are you sure you're having FUN?

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
WBL.. Understand we have a pretty tight cover on our cart and a heater. It gets toasty warm inside the cart. And... we play quickly, not taking practice swings, etc. There were just two of us yesterday, Sunday. We played 18 holes in just exactly 2 hours. And... yes... no matter the weather, golf is fun. At least, that's what we keep telling ourselves!!! If it weren't fun, why would we spend the money and time we do? Surely, we're smarter than that! :>)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
28" of snow last night and today here - what a mess

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
We have had 24 inches of snow in the last 24 hours and there is no sign of letting up. I have the shoot on my snowblower aimed as high as it will go to get the snow over the already 5 foot high snow banks. Last year we had no snow on the ground on March 20th, this year I assume there will be the odd pile kicking around in June.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I don't know how you do it Lyle. Wisconsin is long enough and cold and snowy enough. Canada is a beautiful country but DAMN..............that's a long winter.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Eastern and Western Canadian winters are moderate compared to where Lyle is.

VT is much much worse than eastern Canada where I come from for example. The ocean really moderates the climate.

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
Eastern and Western Canadian winters are moderate compared to where Lyle is.

VT is much much worse than eastern Canada where I come from for example. The ocean really moderates the climate.

+1 for that. It just is a non stop shit storm here in So. VT. It was 48* and rainy Saturday followed by a two day ice storm... Snow and ice are too deep for the snowblower (the wheels just spin), it took about two hours to shovel off my walkway... When all of this sh!t melts (sometime in June I expect) we are going to be flooded. But you can't beat the foliage LOL!!

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Yea our snow in SE MI is finally melting. Kept trying, but the first time it did we got a fresh 10-12" one night, second time 4", now its been steadily melting down without much but dustings to an inch!!! With any hope maybe couple more of those at most, then some warm rains to melt the rest! Anyhow, we've been hitting the simulator and heated ranges. But todays warm enough to actually go to the regular range...that is if i can swing...woke up with some serious arm soreness from gym yesterday, LOL!!! But i may try to swing through it if its WARM. Courses wont be ready for another 3-4 weeks if this snow is gone gone. Just too muddy. If you don't pick em clean or barely scrape the surface you end up chunkin it in the mud, and thats annoying. Plus nicer courses won't let ya go out, and usually when they do you have to walk for a little bit til it firms up.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Every time I see this thread, I think it read 22* Fairway wood.

I would love for it to be 22* outside. You all can eat sh*t. :(

R35

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Every time I see this thread, I think it read 22* Fairway wood.

I would love for it to be 22* outside. You all can eat sh*t. :(

R35

72, 72, 79, 80, 68, 74, 72, 68

No, that's not my last 9 rounds...that's the projected high (F) for the next 9 days here. Only rain chance is the next to last day. Just thought you'd like to know that, Rock! (I really need to find a smiley flipping the bird...Rock, pretend I did and used it here).

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
72, 72, 79, 80, 68, 74, 72, 68

No, that's not my last 9 rounds...that's the projected high (F) for the next 9 days here. Only rain chance is the next to last day. Just thought you'd like to know that, Rock! (I really need to find a smiley flipping the bird...Rock, pretend I did and used it here).

When's your next hurricane gonna hit? Can't be soon enough....;)

R35

🔥 Latest posts