• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

23 days to Myrtle beach!!

trob

Apr 2, 2006
I'm heading for my first golf trip. 6 days in Myrtle beach...6 golf courses. We're playing waterway...preswick...washesaw...The wizard...man of war...and the witch. It's 24 of us and the price was only 500 bucks for the week. Any of you guys make the a Myrtle trip every year? Played any of these courses? If you got the time take a look at the man of war web site. http://www.manowargolfcourse.com/ ITS ALL WATER! Thier are island greens every where! I'm going to have to take like 2 dozen balls for that place. lol Any good restraunts or golf shops will be greatly apreciated!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I lived there for a year when I was younger. I actually hadn't taken up golf yet...life is strange. That was back in my partying days though. Nice resturaunts, can't help you there, sleazy bars and strip joints maybe. :) The cops were pricks, I remember that.

EDSGolf

Aug 24, 2005
Better have your iron game ready for Man O'War. You have some nice courses there, especially with Prestwick, Wachesaw East and Witch. You may want to check out Broadway at the Beach for restaurants and nightlife. Have a great trip!

OP
T

trob

Apr 2, 2006
EDSGolf said:
Better have your iron game ready for Man O'War. You have some nice courses there, especially with Prestwick, Wachesaw East and Witch. You may want to check out Broadway at the Beach for restaurants and nightlife. Have a great trip!

oh I'll be teaing off with the trusty 3 or 4 iron for that day. I'm not even thinking about attacking it. That will definitly be a day where I'm just playing for bogie. lol

Brian

Mar 26, 2006
I just got back from a 6 day trip to myrlte beach. We played the Witch, Mrytle Beach National (west and south course), Indian Wells and Heron Point. The Witch is by far the best course i have ever played on.

DrBrown

Hack Numero Uno
Sep 2, 2005
I went on one myrtle vacation and it was lame because we didnt pick the courses, we had no local knowledge. But I can say the witch and prestwick are pretty nice courses. My favorites are the international course, Aberdeen and Kings North.

How is Indian Wells? I plaid there 6 years ago and it was in terrible shape. The greens were awful and the fairways were all ripped up. Hopefully its better now because it was a decent layout, just needed some TLC.

Canadriver

Nov 26, 2005
Hah! I guess everybody loves to go to Myrtle Beach!

I'll be down there for the second week in May! My wife and I have never been there before and I appreciate hearing about the courses in this thread!

We've still got snow up here! :mad: But it's leaving quickly now ... may be able to get to the range in a couple of weeks.

Brian

Mar 26, 2006
Indian Wells was a perfect course. Everything was green, people were nice. Course was beautifully laided out. and it was all reasonably priced.

🔥 Latest posts