• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2nd Free Ho this year.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Last time a lot of people were dissapointed in my Free Ho thread.

Well no one can be upset with this one.

My r7 425 had a huge dent in the heel near the scoring lines. So I take it to the pro shop at my club. I dropped it off in February and havn't heard anything about it. Today I played 9 and finally got around to asking about it. The pro said insidethe face had caved in.

Well TM wanted to wait to get a replacement but the pro told them I had been waiting since Feb. for a new one and he wasn't going to have me wait any longer. He pulls out a brand new Tour Burner 9.5 and hands it to me.

Of course I say is this just to demo or do you want me to take this one and call it even. He said you've been waiting long enough, so do you want this or the TP. Me being the ho I am, I said I'll take both. Of course that didn't work but an end to this story I walked out with a brand new in the plastic Tour Burner TP with the X-con 5.

So needless to say I'm pretty pumped. Havn't hit it yet but I will tomorrow. Me and pops playing in an 8 inch cup tourny. I'll have a review up tomorrow night with some pics.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Dang. That makes me want to go hit a curb with my R7, lol. Enjoy the new club and let us know how it goes.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Holy crap! That is awesome! I wish I'd caved the face of my R7425.

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Yeah I'm not quite sure the TM rep would have just gave me this driver. Our head pro is a pretty cool guy. Seeing how I was asking him everyday for the past 4 months about it he probably got tired of me.

Sorry for the delay in posting. For some awesome reason our internet and cable from RCN was "down" in PA and Ohio since early Sunday morning.

The club is great. Good sound, feel and setup. Im not sure it's longer than the sumo 5000, I'll be putting them head to head tonight after work. I'll snap some pictures of the swing off.

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
So after hitting the TP at the range with each of the shafts the TP comes with I've decided to go to the regular Tour Burner.

I was right all day with the TP. Hit the regular Tour Burner and I was getting a great flight and distance. Only thing is the shaft is too lite. Looking for a new shaft now.

I really liked the whiteboard in the TP but the open face in this driver wasn't for me. Which I find weird since I played the Hibore XL tour with good success.

🔥 Latest posts