• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3 Week Break

Stooonne

Jul 17, 2008
Coming off 3 weeks of not even touching a golf club. My longest break I've ever had since starting to play. Typically I play 3-4 rounds a week and range 5-6 times a week. From those that have taken breaks in the past, what should I expect when I go out for a round tomorrow?

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
I usually play some of my best rounds first time out each Spring, after not having picked up a club for several months. This year, the first six holes I played in 1-over, before finishing with three bogeys. Last year, I tripled the first hole, and then played the next 8 in 1-over. Both +4 40s, and I don't break that very often. Second time out this year was the best ball-striking so far, and a 39. It's been going sideways since then.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Coming off 3 weeks of not even touching a golf club. My longest break I've ever had since starting to play. Typically I play 3-4 rounds a week and range 5-6 times a week. From those that have taken breaks in the past, what should I expect when I go out for a round tomorrow?

I pulled a muscle in my chest and didn't swing a club for almost 3 weeks. Expect to feel very rusty and awkward initially. Personally, for the 1st few holes I felt like I'd never picked up a club in my life. But hole by hole the rust came off and by the end of the front nine I was feeling close to how I'd felt before the lay-off.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.