• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3 wood -> driver difference

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Dec 27, 2007
( "eBay the R7 and hit 3w off every tee" has already occurred to me, though. )

Thats what I do. I am really good off the tee with my 3w. not so good of the deck with it, but I've used it well of the deck. My driver is about 30 yards short of it and it usually goes straight. I just can't hit the ball fast enough, or get enough backspin or something. Either way I play pretty well with a 3w off the tee so that is what I play. And besides, no driver gives you another slot for a wedge.

OP
David Hillman

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Update:

I finally took the shrink wrap off the Wishon 919, and bagged it today. The course I played this morning was a short target-golf course with many non-driver holes, so I didn't hit it very often, unfortunately. That said, I really, really like it. I had never hit it a ball with it until the first tee, so it's not as though I hit it perfectly... but I'm very encouraged. I really started to get the hang of it on the back nine, and hit several 250 yarders with a little fade.

On 17, a 290y par 4 with water left and right, I ripped one to about 25 yards right at the flag. That's all I'm looking for off the tee... not 300 yards, just 260-270 and straight.

I even hit a hook on the front nine. That has never happened before with a driver. Everything else was a slight fade, but the hook spooked me a little, so I missed some right because I was aiming that way. Hit a few that just rolled into the rough, or a trap.

All in all though, I think this Wishon will be living in my bag for a while. I may have wasted $20 on the Cobra, but that was worth it.

Of course, I could barely hit my 3 wood at all today :( Worst that club has been in a year or more. And the irons were somewhat loose. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

OP
David Hillman

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008

Members online

No members online now.