• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

345 yd. drive - Old man style

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I'm pretty happy anytime a drive is over 230 yds. so getting lucky on one that ends up over 300 was great.

It happened on our #3 hole that has a road bordering the left side from tee box to green. At about 200 yds. the hole goes downhill and then back up to an elevated green.

I hit one of my worst drives of the day landing squarely in the road and then lost sight of it. Of course I hit a provisional.

The ball obviously bounced off of something across the road because I found it about 20 yds. short of the green and barely inbounds. Too bad I missed the birdie putt after a decent chip but I can boast about 300 yd. drives on the internet now. :)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I had a similar 326 yard experience where a chipmunk or squirrel must have run it up the fairway 40 yards or so.....

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Apparently there was a guy who hit a drive over 500 yards. He sliced it, and it went onto an airstrip running beside the course. It kept rolling and ended up further from the green than he started.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
I hit 2 over 300 in the fairway yesterday, first hole and last hole, other than that they were either short 250-260 or in the woods. 18th hole was the drive of my life though, over 300 and almost center of the fairway. Going out to longdrive competition in about an hour. We shall see.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
SiberianDVM said:
I thought I was the only one who aimed for the cart path. :)

Ha! We actually have one hole where that helps if you can hit it. I wouldn't want to aim at this road though. It almost always results in an ob.

The golf gods owed me one at anyway. I hit another shot that barely clipped the top of a tree, but it must have hit one of the small limbs perfectly. The ball bounced straight back about 60 yds.

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
DaveE said:
Ha! We actually have one hole where that helps if you can hit it. I wouldn't want to aim at this road though. It almost always results in an ob.

The golf gods owed me one at anyway. I hit another shot that barely clipped the top of a tree, but it must have hit one of the small limbs perfectly. The ball bounced straight back about 60 yds.
Ouch.. I have had that too often.

I always hate when you hit the ball, its headed straight at the tree, everything feels like it goes into slow motion... you single out that ONE thick branch that it's headed straight for.. in the sea of leaves and air, you see that ONE branch. It hits it, then drops straight to the ground below. :mad:

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I've got to take a picture of the #8 tee box at Goshen. It's a uphill dogleg left, and if you can hit center fairway about 230 out, it's all downhill to the green.

One little problem: a big oak tree on the left side about 50 yards out has one big limb that hangs out into the fairway, and it's on the exact trajectory to catch my (and almost everyone else's) teeshot. The opening is effectively 10 yards wide, as a shot more to the right is in deep woods.

I can't wait until the Pro-Am next month. :D

Deej

Jul 20, 2006
Had a bit of a longdrive experience today also.

On the 18th hole (dogleg left) one of my fourball hit a drive about 300 + yards straight into the carpark running alongside the fairway, when we got to the green two fellas were waiting for us.

We owned up and after shouting their mouths off they seen the offender was a 6 foot 7 scouser, and agreed to sort it out, exchanged numbers etc, left a nice dent in the roof of the car and no Titleist 1 to be seen.

Turned out to be an expensive round, but was pretty funny.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Nice! Grats! My best was rolling it along a cartpath on a 5 to end up with 396, now that takes skill...or luck...and I'd rather be lucky then good.

🔥 Latest posts