• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

.355 into .370. How do you do?

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I have a set of graphite iron shafts that I am putting into my KZG's. They are .355 taper, and all KZG irons are .370 parallel. I was about to order shims my MyOstrich, when I saw a note saying that they do not recommend installing .355 into .370 at all, shim or no shim. What's the deal? I've done it before, and it seemed fine. Do I need to worry? Should I just glass bead it and skip the shim?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Get .355 to .370 shims from either golfworks or golfsmith. Use 24 hour cure epoxy and you will have no problems, regardless of what Tim's paranoia tells you.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Get .355 to .370 shims from either golfworks or golfsmith. Use 24 hour cure epoxy and you will have no problems, regardless of what Tim's paranoia tells you.

I thought Tim's awareness only extended to steel. Maybe not, can't remember.

R35

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006

Hehe, this is what I needed to hear. Tim is still a good guy, though. Thanks for the help.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I have a set of graphite iron shafts that I am putting into my KZG's. They are .355 taper, and all KZG irons are .370 parallel. I was about to order shims my MyOstrich, when I saw a note saying that they do not recommend installing .355 into .370 at all, shim or no shim. What's the deal? I've done it before, and it seemed fine. Do I need to worry? Should I just glass bead it and skip the shim?

That's what shims are for.

Use them with (like Lyle said) 24 hour epoxy and you're good to go!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.