• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

38 putts in 18 holes!

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
probably my best putting day ever!....but one of my worst scores 111 for the day :( ...driver and irons were nonexistent.. #18 was the angriest I have ever been on a course in my life..... I really felt like giving up... I am gonna a take a week off, and start with a new pro/lessons the week after.. a few times I stepped up to the t, I honestly forgot what to do..my head was so out of it..

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
38 putts is still leaving an awful lot of room for improvement, but if it's your best effort than you're moving in the right direction.

Taking a week off is sound procedure. Relax, let your interest in the game recover.

OP
E

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
I agree, definitely room for a lot of improvement.. BUT, its still a good number or me.. I had two holes where I 4 putted (very fast/large greens) i had a bunch of 1-2 putts..

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Its OK I don't think I broke 100 on Sunday and that was with 12 putts on the front.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Same here. Usually my best putting days don't translate to great scores -- in my case it's because my best putting days are that because of how much I'm chipping those days. It's not that impressive to 1-putt a bunch of holes when right before the putt you were chipping up for bogey.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
While you are right saying that there is room for improvement with 38 putts but improvment for whom? 38 putts is a great number for a guy shooting over 100. It's just 2 over for the round. Improving on 38 putts is a goal for a single digit player.

OP
E

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
Took last week off..Im hittin the range today for the first time since I played.. wish me luck....

🔥 Latest posts