• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3i Hybrid Shaft

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
I have a 20 degree head direct 3i replacement on the way. What I have been debating is in the case of trying to directly replace my 3i should I go steel shaft......or should I just match the graphite shaft in my 17 degree?? What I am thinking is my 17 is more 5w replacement and this will be pretty much iron replacement so I should go steel. I am thinking something in the FST line since I believe they are all .370. What have you guys done in this spot??

In addition to this ho....I have a heavy putter A1-m on the way and a cavity back sand wedge....I think I am gonna drop the 60.

Jason

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
For me, steel is for irons and graphite is for woods. I would use the shaft from the club you are replacing, like you mentioned. My 22 and 26 degrees (3 and 4 irons) have steel, my 19 (5 wood) has graphite. I am considering steel for the 19, however.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I just built a 1 hybrid and put a FST Pro 115 stepless stiff flex in it. I love it, it plays very similar to the Nippons in my other hybrids and irons. Plus for $7.95 you won't beat the price.

OP
SCGolfer

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
Thanks for the response guys.
That is the way I am leaning.....I believe in this case steel makes more sense. I may see if my local guy has a matching shaft for my set that way if this doesn't work out I can just dump the hybrid and stick my 3i back in.

Jason

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.