• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3rd freakin year in a row!!!!

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
We got flooded again. THREE years in a row now.

FOXNews.com - Iowa Governor Says Immediate Danger Has Passed After 'Catastrophic' Dam Break

Course is completely underwater....shop (as of 5:15pm) had about 18" water....we just got done replacing the flooring and drywall about 6 months ago after the LAST flood.

If there is a bright side to this, we were tipped off that the damn was in danger and I was able to evacuate the equipment, and expensive components, golf carts etc late last night and earlier today....

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Sorry to hear it, Rory.

Keep your receipts of repairs for tax season! (Wow....I really need a 3 week study break from this accounting stuff...)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Damn!! That is some tough luck Rory. The whole city of Milwaukee got flooded in that storm. Nasty.

Have you considered putting your building on stilts (JK) or a high cement block base?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Have you considered moving to a town that doesn't get flooded every year? Like... any other town in the country? :p

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Well, it's cheaper to rebuild from a flood than to move an entire business to a new location, I'm sure. But THREE rebuilds is pushing it. There's always the chance that this one will be the last one. Established customer base in Monticello and such, but... Can you build a shop that floats or something??? You're locking yourself up in a cage with a rabid dog and HOPING that it doesn't bite you.

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
Iowa must now be due for like 300 years of drought after the last few years. I'm not a native, but the locals here in the middle (Des Moines) keep swearing up and down that the last few years have been very unusual. In my mind, Iowa = winters where is snows at Thanksgiving and doesn't melt until April, and summers of flooding. It's all I know!

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Thats terrible. Here in ND we have had 3 years of very unusually wet weather and flooding as well. I know how difficult it is to clean up after mother nature. What a hassle - sorry.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Hey Guys, is there any sign of Rory about ? I've just seen he's swamped under again. I put an order in 2 weeks ago for a new Graman G-70 and despite me keeping vigil for the mailman have not had any contact.

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Hey Guys, is there any sign of Rory about ? I've just seen he's swamped under again. I put an order in 2 weeks ago for a new Graman G-70 and despite me keeping vigil for the mailman have not had any contact.

Dave-

Shop will be back up on Friday...but I can have it drop shipped direct from Graman to you...please email me on my personal email with details (flex, address...etc) and i will have them drop ship ASAP.

send the info to my personal email ( [email protected] )

Thanks!

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Dave-

Shop will be back up on Friday...but I can have it drop shipped direct from Graman to you...please email me on my personal email with details (flex, address...etc) and i will have them drop ship ASAP.

send the info to my personal email ( [email protected] )

Thanks!

Hi Rory, thanks very much for the kind gesture, email sent.

Kind regards

Dave

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
Today was Ames' turn for flooding again. Several points crested higher than the 1993 flood. We had 5 inches Sunday night, 3 inches Monday night, and 4 inches last night. Yay Rain.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.