• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

4 Magic Moves Update

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
This is excellent. It should be more aptly titled "Four Most Important Moves" or something.

The original 4 Magic Moves book, by Joe Dante, is excellent and breaks down the swing, sure enough, into 4 moves.

His book is the first book I read that talks about the Coefficient of Angular Momentum and how this physical property will "allow" you to hit the ball without any conscious thought. For me, this backed up the writings of Hogan, Knudson et. al. that say you have to give up control to gain control.

Augster

This is what it's about and it explains it perfectly. Being an engineer it is NOT bull! I'm still working on it but hope to attempt it at the range this weekend. :)

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I have 4 magic moves, but they have nothing to do with golf I can assure you of that:laugh:

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have 4 magic moves, but they have nothing to do with golf I can assure you of that:laugh:

Yeah...twist, turn, pull and done
icon10.gif

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
Yeah...twist, turn, pull and done
icon10.gif

okay.. so i'm not the only one who talks like this with fellow golfer.

what were the moves anyways? only WBL get to ans this. and WBL, if you're thinking about twist, turn, pull and done, forget that i asked :laugh:

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I'm not even gonna try to explain it!! :D :D Spend the $27 and find out!! :)

I've been swinging this way in the back yard and I can't believe how nice it feels. And also the club head speed I'm generating with such little effort. :)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
The Coefficent of Angular Momentum? I've just gobbed my cornflakes out ove my keyboard,bastards for such a wind-up this early.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
It's actually a pretty simple explanation. If you've ever seen an ice skater spin they start with their arms out and to increase speed bring them in closer. By holding off the release that's what you are doing. :)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Excellent,next time I play a round on ice I will bear it in mind but I think the hard bounce may give me enough extra length

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
:)

I'm not one for these ideas,I've tried loads and always go back to Hogan

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
But according to Augster this is a form of teaching Hogan's (amoung others) swing. And it's the first time in my 40 years of golfing I actually am starting to understand the golf swing. I'm very pleased with it. The problem is they hyped it too much like an informational so it appears gimicky. It's not. :)

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
hey wbl, how bout ya stop being so preachy without any evidence? post some up bud.:)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.