• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

44, 40, 39.

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
My three match scores this week, in that order. After the 40 on Tuesday, I was 3rd on the list of 4 to make. 39 today. And I'm pretty sure I beat the guy behind me by 5 strokes. I think I'll have a 7 stroke cushion going into our last 18 hole match on Monday.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Thats some pretty good shootin' Hoke.

On Monday, just concentrate on a single shot at a time. Don't get ahead of yourself, and visualise your shot before you play it.

Last thing you want to do is have a blowup hole and shoot yourself out of it.

Remember, ONE SHOT AT A TIME! You'll do fine...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Thats some pretty good shootin' Hoke.

On Monday, just concentrate on a single shot at a time. Don't get ahead of yourself, and visualise your shot before you play it.

Last thing you want to do is have a blowup hole and shoot yourself out of it.

Remember, ONE SHOT AT A TIME! You'll do fine...

+1, great shooting. Just stay within your game and don't get ahead of yourself.

And remember, it's just a game. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Guess what? If you don't make the Regionals or whatever, the sun will still come up the next day. Life will go on. So relax and have fun.

OP
EHokie

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
+1, great shooting. Just stay within your game and don't get ahead of yourself.

And remember, it's just a game. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Guess what? If you don't make the Regionals or whatever, the sun will still come up the next day. Life will go on. So relax and have fun.

Our team captain (senior) is one of my closest friends. He shot 42 today, and is 3 strokes ahead of me in the overall standings.

We were both rather quiet on the half hour ride home, reflecting on what we did that day and our next task. As we pulled into my driveway he said something that I won't soon forget...

He essentially said that I was a better golfer than he could ever be, and that he'd still be around (community college) to go to my matches and such for the next two years. He encouraged me to keep going, keep playing, and keep improving. As I stepped out of his car I said "We still have 18 holes left, bro. The pressure's on."

He responded "No pressure on me. It's all on you now."

I've been nervous so far, and frightened by failure.

Now I'm going to look it in the eyes and conquer... The Warrior.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Our team captain (senior) is one of my closest friends. He shot 42 today, and is 3 strokes ahead of me in the overall standings.

We were both rather quiet on the half hour ride home, reflecting on what we did that day and our next task. As we pulled into my driveway he said something that I won't soon forget...

He essentially said that I was a better golfer than he could ever be, and that he'd still be around (community college) to go to my matches and such for the next two years. He encouraged me to keep going, keep playing, and keep improving. As I stepped out of his car I said "We still have 18 holes left, bro. The pressure's on."

He responded "No pressure on me. It's all on you now."

I've been nervous so far, and frightened by failure.

Now I'm going to look it in the eyes and conquer... The Warrior.

Unless you have planned your whole life around the prospect of making the PGA, meaning not studied and made good grades in school, golf is a GAME. The odds of you actually making a living at it are astronomically against you.

But........., if you can keep your head, not let it get to you. It can be a game that can if not get you a free ride in college, maybe at least a discounted one. And if not, you are enjoying the camaraderie and experiences of playing a sport in HS.

I wish I had played golf for my HS, but I did play football. And I look back on those days with very fond memories. I knew I was never going to make a living in the NFL, so I just went out there and had the time of my life.

Like I said, the future of the free world does not depend on what you shoot on Monday, so just go out there and play within yourself. If you make a bad shot, no biggie, you now have that one out of your system! Relax and relish the moment. Enjoy the fresh cut grass, the sunshine and the rush of competing, but don't let it get to you.

OP
EHokie

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Unless you have planned your whole life around the prospect of making the PGA, meaning not studied and made good grades in school, golf is a GAME. The odds of you actually making a living at it are astronomically against you.

But........., if you can keep your head, not let it get to you. It can be a game that can if not get you a free ride in college, maybe at least a discounted one. And if not, you are enjoying the camaraderie and experiences of playing a sport in HS.

I wish I had played golf for my HS, but I did play football. And I look back on those days with very fond memories. I knew I was never going to make a living in the NFL, so I just went out there and had the time of my life.

Like I said, the future of the free world does not depend on what you shoot on Monday, so just go out there and play within yourself. If you make a bad shot, no biggie, you now have that one out of your system! Relax and relish the moment. Enjoy the fresh cut grass, the sunshine and the rush of competing, but don't let it get to you.

I can drop or gain 5 strokes just based on who I play with in any given match.

Funny guys on Monday = Regionals.

That, and my coach can calm me down better than anyone.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online