• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

52* wedge owners

dunagan15

Aug 17, 2008
Alright guys, I've decided Im definintly going to purchase a 52* wedge and the only models Ive hit that are comparable is the cleveland cg12 56* and the Vokey SM 60*.

I love my Vokey, but they do not make a SM 52 so that is theproblem. My thoughts were that the grooves on the 56 would peform just like the 52 just that loft is diff.(is this correct?) I know Cleveland makes a 52 with the new zip grooves(those of you that have hit these, how is the ball flight/spin on the green?).

Im open to other model wedges, such as the Callaway x tour and others. Im really just looking for excellent ball flight and maximum spin. what are yalls thoughts?

Thanks for the help guys.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I spin the diddly widdly with my RAC TP 52*, especially on soft balls like the HX Hot Bite and Tour iX

OP
dunagan15

dunagan15

Aug 17, 2008
I thought about that, but then after someone mentioned...If a 52 SM isnt made, there is probably a reason.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I thought about that, but then after someone mentioned...If a 52 SM isnt made, there is probably a reason.
That was probably me.

I've gone through more 52-deg. wedges than you can name, and my 54 bent to 52 in the best of them.

Don't worry about why they didn't make one.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Not sure why you would need maximum spin on a 52 degree wedge. Please explain.

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Love the 52 degree gap wedge. Would strongly recommend a serious look at the Ping Pro S58. A serious wedge.

OP
dunagan15

dunagan15

Aug 17, 2008
Not sure why you would need maximum spin on a 52 degree wedge. Please explain.

A lot of the courses I play have fast firm greens, so I like to try to go over the pin or under depending on the whole and the spin is key to getting the ball to stay on the green.

DrivetheGreen66

College Golfer
Jun 29, 2008
yea my 52* vokey spins good. Though I am looking at switching to all Taylormade stuff by the end of the year. So the new TP smoke wedges will probablly go in the bag in the next month.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Cleveland 588's are great wedges.

I second this, I have a 51* and 60* and am quite happy with both. Another nice thing about the 588's is that they are about $25-$30 less each than all the others mentioned above.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.