• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

52* wedge owners

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I second this, I have a 51* and 60* and am quite happy with both. Another nice thing about the 588's is that they are about $25-$30 less each than all the others mentioned above.

I will echo that. I have a 51* 56* 60* and I love all 3.

I don't use the 60 much at all, and leave it at home usually since I haven't really needed it for the way I play.

My 51* is great, and the DSG grind is nice, allows you to open it up and vary your shot alot.

However, I have a 58* RAC TP y cutter, and it spins great. It's like the greens and my ball are covered in velcro it sticks so good.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
54* Vokeys bent to 52* are aces. Just Eracer who currently plays all my old stuff. Don't want spin on a 52*? Must not be able to control it, NOOBIE GOLFERS.

three putt

clueless on the greens...
Aug 7, 2008
every bit as good as a vokey at about 1/6th the price.[/quote]

Agreed... I love the few clubs I just ordered from Maltby GW, but almost all of the wedges (including these) are back-ordered through late October. First they said 9/12, but then they pushed it back further. I called bc I couldn't see how I could order the pak but not the head and they said it was a programming issue that caused the paks to show as in stock even if components were backordered. They blamed the whole slowdown on Chinese manufacturers that shut down bc of the olympics and are now way behind in production. Bummer - I'll have to be patient and wait for mine I guess...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I play Srixon WG-504 wedges. A 54º bent to 52º, a 56º and a 60º, all with 8º's of bounce. I've used the 56 and 60 so much I've almost worn the finish off them but the grooves still spin the ball great.

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
I second this, I have a 51* and 60* and am quite happy with both. Another nice thing about the 588's is that they are about $25-$30 less each than all the others mentioned above.

I give these a third vote, I have a 588 DSg 52*. It is my favorite wedge that I own.

xiphos

Sep 7, 2008
Alright guys, I've decided Im definintly going to purchase a 52* wedge and the only models Ive hit that are comparable is the cleveland cg12 56* and the Vokey SM 60*.

I love my Vokey, but they do not make a SM 52 so that is theproblem. My thoughts were that the grooves on the 56 would peform just like the 52 just that loft is diff.(is this correct?) I know Cleveland makes a 52 with the new zip grooves(those of you that have hit these, how is the ball flight/spin on the green?).

Im open to other model wedges, such as the Callaway x tour and others. Im really just looking for excellent ball flight and maximum spin. what are yalls thoughts?

Thanks for the help guys.

Just so you and everyone else knows, the Spin Milled wedges are not milled. They are just cast to look like it.
I would suggest the Taylor Made tp, the current Srixon wedges and basically any new wedges. They are all toeing the line of legality. But, independent testing has shown the Cleveland to out spin he Spin Milled and the Srixon to out spin the Cleveland.

xiphos

Sep 7, 2008
I play Srixon WG-504 wedges. A 54º bent to 52º, a 56º and a 60º, all with 8º's of bounce. I've used the 56 and 60 so much I've almost worn the finish off them but the grooves still spin the ball great.

I am on staff with Srixon and I was really happy when I was sent the WG-504 wedges. They out spin everything else hands down.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
My 52° Ben Hogan Carnoustie is my favorite club in the bag, running a close 2nd is its brother the Carnoustie 60°.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I thought about that, but then after someone mentioned...If a 52 SM isnt made, there is probably a reason.

Answer to your Prayers;- Sweet wedge

There is no problem bending a 54 SM to a 52 as it also reduces the bounce by 2 degrees, so a 54.10 would be a 52.8.... I've had one and it works plus its a lot cheaper than the ones in the link. :)

🔥 Latest posts