• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

60* Spin Milled Vokey Wedge

BeatlesSteve

Jul 25, 2008
I have a 60* spin milled Vokey wedge and have had it for about 2 weeks. I played early yesterday morning when there was still dew on the ground. I cleaned my clubs today and noticed that there is some rust on the club. Is that normal? Should I take it someplace to see if that rust can be buffed out? I paid good $$ for that club & don't want there to be any issues. Any input would be appreciated.

jerome

Aug 25, 2006
If you got the Oil Can style it is supposed to rust, and if you got the tour chrome style, I would think that it would be impossible for it to rust over night. I know I have put mine through hell and I have had no issues.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
If you got the Oil Can style it is supposed to rust, and if you got the tour chrome style, I would think that it would be impossible for it to rust over night. I know I have put mine through hell and I have had no issues.

Yeah, what he said. If you got the oil can, I can't imagine it would rust that quickly although I guess its possible. If you got the chrome, I would take it back and get another one.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Lol, you're joking, right? If you don't want rust, go trade it back for the Satin finish model. I played in the rain and left my clubs in the trunk last week. When I took my bag out the other day my wedges looked like a 1982 Toyota. You either like rusty wedges or don't, that's why they have one that rusts and one that doesn't.

OP
B

BeatlesSteve

Jul 25, 2008
This wedge is not the oil can finish. I bet what happened was there was some moisture left on the club & it was in my trunk overnight as well as most of the day today. It was extremely humid last night & today so I bet that did it. Is there anything I can do about this?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'd say take it back if it's new and not in an area where you damgaged the finish. The satin finish should not rust. It will continue to rust in the future in that area, nothing you can really do about it, they screwed up the finish. I aplogize for the tone of my above post. I thought for sure you'd bought the Oil can, which is made to rust.

OP
B

BeatlesSteve

Jul 25, 2008
I bought this wedge on EBay, think I should contact the seller and explain the situation?

jerome

Aug 25, 2006
Uh-oh, this does not sound good. I would contact him for sure, but I don't know how much recourse you would have since have been playing the club for awhile.

I know a couple others in here have had issues so they will be able to help you more.

OP
B

BeatlesSteve

Jul 25, 2008
I bought the club on 7/5, I have only been using it for 2 weekends.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Can you post a link to the listing? Or maybe a few pics?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Flitz is a superior metal polish. You can get it at most hardware stores, Walmart, Home depot, etc...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.