• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

61 day comeback - what will I score?

What will IG shoot?

• Sub par

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 68-73

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 74-78

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 79-83

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He's ripping up the card and starting on the beer

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Ok folks, I have a 5.38pm tee time with my FiL and son. I can't wait, it's like Christmas time. We will be playing round our Riverside course, a par 68. It's tricky in spots and no pushover. I'm wondering what I will score, given that all I have done over the past few months is swing weighted sticks in the back garden along with some chipping. I expect to be a little rusty.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Golf's just like riding a bicycle. You'll do fine. Just don't let the wheels fall off.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Ok, I've slept on it and come back with these thoughts. It was pretty much as I thought it would be. It felt great to be back playing again. We are lucky to have three courses at our club. Only two are open right now. The one I played, our Riverside is a par 68, x5 par 3s and x1 par 5. Due to restrictions, each course is limited to 12 people per hour playing. Four groups of three. My opening drive was a massive block, which I was lucky to get. I was rusty around the greens, which was to be expected. I thought the course would be in better condition, the greens were very hairy and the rough is quite rough. I hit some great shots as well as some mediocre ones.

It was great to play with my son and FiL. The 18-year-old can bomb it. He drove the 320 yard 11th, albeit with a tailwind. I pretty much hit one of my best and he was 30+ yards past me.

I used a new free app on my phone called mScorecard. You can track your round, by adding in scores. It also has a GPS feature so you can measure drives etc. First time using it and it worked well. It might be the future of competitions. I think it has lots of courses featured.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!!

Attachments

• round210520.png
    round210520.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 96
OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
A bit more about my brain fart double. It says a lot about golf in fact. I was playing a par five and pulled my drive into a fairway bunker. I splashed out and left myself about 200 yards into a 25mph wind. There is big trouble left and right on a fairway that narrows down towards the green. It's your Sunday best shot to hit that green into a wind and a lay-up all day long.

But no! Even though IG has not played for a few months, even though its a high-risk shot, IG grabs the 3 wood and goes for the "death or glory" shot. I couldn't believe just how far right I blocked that sucka into the river that runs parallel. It was a good 40 yards off-line! :D:eek::rolleyes:

I just laughed in wonder at how stupid I was.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.