• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

7 iron swing vid from today

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
I think that your hands might be a bit close to your body at setup but apart from that its a very nice swing.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
It's looking pretty good from that view. Get some side views as well. Not sure whether it's just me but that ball seems to take off high and go higher for a 7iron? Looks like it started a tad left and then cutting back right. You'd want to look at grip and impact position if that is the case. If not and that's the flight you are happy with then so be it. I personally drive through the ball and have a low flight, no club, not even a wedge would go half that high.

OP
JamesR

JamesR

Interlocking Now
Sep 25, 2005
It's looking pretty good from that view. Get some side views as well. Not sure whether it's just me but that ball seems to take off high and go higher for a 7iron? Looks like it started a tad left and then cutting back right. You'd want to look at grip and impact position if that is the case. If not and that's the flight you are happy with then so be it. I personally drive through the ball and have a low flight, no club, not even a wedge would go half that high.

Thats my typical ball flight, I try to deloft the club more, but when I do that, I usually get a chunk/hook. I have been trying to draw it with my irons to help the ball go lower, but I cant get it consistantly

Jun 24, 2006
It looks to me like you're trying to help the ball in the air after impact. Like..your pulling the club straight up in the air, making the ball go straight up and have a high overall ball flight.

May want to try leveling that out and try to keep the club head closer to the ground after impact and swing through the ball. I'd bet you pick up a noticeable amount of distance.

Good temp, and foot work. Stance is a little wide for a 7 iron in my mind, but what ever works for you.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
ez: doesn't that place look like our eagle dome driving range?

overall very nice tempo. during your back swing, the club is going inside a tad bit more. but you seem to have good position at the top, so i wouldn't worry about it.

i noticed that tempo is most important thing once you have a decent swing like yours right now. keeping it smooth is the key, and something that i fight w/ every time when i swing.

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
What flex is that shaft, ladies? Lol I have never seen a steel shaft bend that much during someones downswing. You are really bending that thing. How far you hit your 7 iron?

OP
JamesR

JamesR

Interlocking Now
Sep 25, 2005
What flex is that shaft, ladies? Lol I have never seen a steel shaft bend that much during someones downswing. You are really bending that thing. How far you hit your 7 iron?

Its a stiff steel shaft, lol. I think that the camera distorts it because the lighting wasnt perfect. Currently hit the 7i 150, but im sure ill pick up a few extra yards when I can keep the ballflight down

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
Lol, ok, it must be the camera then. Because when I was watching it, it looked like it was lagging a full 6-7 inches behind your hands, which would be insane.

hippsalan

Nov 18, 2007
James,

All in all, a very good swing. The only thing I see is you are sliding through the ball instead of turning through. If you look at any pro's swing from behind, you will see part of their backside (butt) at impact. This means they're turning through the shot. Try to feel yourself turn through the ball more. You'll get a more penetrating ball flight instead of that high and right shot. Let me know if this works.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
Not a bad swing overall

a few pointers though:

At address you seem to tense up a little bit and pinch your elbows in tight causing any number of problems, I would agree with Twofast that you drag the club inside too much on the way back, this results in your right arm getting in a deep position causing it to travel further than it should, this then results in your downswing coming slightly over and onto plane but because your arm has travelled to far on the way back it struggles to get into a good position on the way down, and this shows at impact whereby your hips stop turning and your hands try to play catch up and result in a flip through impact to square the club.

I would say maybe get a handspace distance between your butt end of your club and your thigh at address, do not tense the arms and try to get the takeaway more on line,(put alignment clubs down and try to get your shaft to match the one for your feet at hip height because you will find at the moment it is well inside and behind that line) this should correct your path problems

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.