• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

7 wood or hybrid?

7 wood or hydrid?

• Total voters

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
if i had to choose between a 7 wood or a hybrid it would be the hybrid.but with the loft of a 7 wood id rather hit a 4 iron.i just feel more comfortable over my irons then woods or hybrids.unless its the driver.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
I would take the long iron or the hybrid, probaly the hybrid, i guess i ruled out the seven wood because i never hit one never thought about it really. I have a 19* hybrid, its great and i love it, i replaced my 5 wood with it, i think the hybrid is much more reliable, i am on the fence about replacing my long irons with a hybrid though.

sidvicious

Jul 8, 2005
see if what i say makes sense.......

i'm a fairly lousy golfer.

yeah, i know, i'm the guy that shot under on sunday and even today.

however, i'm still a fairly lousy golfer in my book. so to your question,

i can hit my long irons well BECAUSE of my lousy golf. bottom line, last year i couldn't hit a driver so i learned the long irons.

i tried the hybrids, really tried.

i just don't like them; it's that simple.

i don't hit them well. WORST OF ALL in my opinion is the hype. hybrids DO NOT HIT LIKE IRONS.

shit, they CAN'T with the large bounce, at least if you consider what irons should be.

i have a 7 wood and use it as a trouble club, not as a standard. as stated in another post, when i have to go high and 200 yards i use the 7 wood.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
You can hit a hybrid from a variety of lies, that is the big advantage to the hybrid over a wide soled Fairway metal.

titaniummd

Aug 26, 2006
So today, I hit my driver in moderate rough with a downhill lie. The green was 205 yards away and I thought, hit the 3i hybrid or just play it safe. Given my poor golf abilities due to poor management around the course, I decided to go for it. Aiming slightly left of the target given the lie, I hit it but I ended up 5 feet to the left of the green. I was proud of myself for hitting out that mess.

Anyways the moral of the story for me, at least, was that if I had my wood I probably would still be hitting out of the rough due to its longer shaft and the fact that I probably would have hit the ball with the bottom of the club and watch it roll into 4 foot tall grass.

I ended up with a bogey on that due to my poor chipping abilities and an undulating sandy green.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.