• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

'73 Olds Delta 88 Royale Convertible

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Looks like someone will be selling a few more scottys..:D

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Wirehair, ignore those ignorant tree hugging responses...they're all just jealous of a real car!!

We had a '76 4 door hardtop with a 350...LOTS of room in those things!

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Wirehair, ignore those ignorant tree hugging responses...they're all just jealous of a real car!!

We had a '76 4 door hardtop with a 350...LOTS of room in those things!

It's big, 19' 8" long, 4600 lbs dry. I'll drive it maybe 100 miles a month. I think my biggest gasoline problem will be old gas in the tank. These old boats are really cool cars to drive. I enjoy it & have pretty much already sold all my putters except a handful.

The ghetto boys at school all want 22's on it. One of my gear-head students offered to install hydraulics. I told them I'm an old white guy...no dubs for me.

The asian Honda tuners, can't believe the engine displacement...particularly when I was about to drop in a 455 (I told them 8 liters & they were pretty incredulous). They don't understand torque.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
It's big, 19' 8" long, 4600 lbs dry. I'll drive it maybe 100 miles a month. I think my biggest gasoline problem will be old gas in the tank. These old boats are really cool cars to drive. I enjoy it & have pretty much already sold all my putters except a handful.

The ghetto boys at school all want 22's on it. One of my gear-head students offered to install hydraulics. I told them I'm an old white guy...no dubs for me.

The asian Honda tuners, can't believe the engine displacement...particularly when I was about to drop in a 455 (I told them 8 liters & they were pretty incredulous). They don't understand torque.
That's because they've never had their head slammed into the headrest as a result of stomping on a V8 rear wheel drive car!

327, 396, 400, 427, 454, 455...the magic numbers!!! (I'm sure I left one or two out..you get the drift)

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
That's because they've never had their head slammed into the headrest as a result of stomping on a V8 rear wheel drive car!

327, 396, 400, 427, 454, 455...the magic numbers!!! (I'm sure I left one or two out..you get the drift)

I'll say you left out a few, :wow:

How about 340, 383, 440, and how dare you forget, 426 HEMI

Shameless plug for us old Mopar freaks, :thumbs up:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I'll say you left out a few, :wow:

How about 340, 383, 440, and how dare you forget, 426 HEMI

Shameless plug for us old Mopar freaks, :thumbs up:
Yep, great engines, I was just never a Mopar guy. Mainly GM, Ford for the Mustang only...hence the ones I did list.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Don't forget the 421. My dad had a 66 bonneville with one of these beasts and was the first car I ever drove. Still can't believe my dad turned me loose with that thing.
421.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.