• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

75...with a triple.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I went on cruise control today until the 12th hole. Birdied one, bogeyed 5, parred in with some near miss putts, and made a couple long ones to save par.

12 is a long par, 3 shots unless you're with the wind, and even then it's tough. Driver 3 wood still leaves you a pretty decent chip. It's uphill, about 550 yards.

However, here's the b*tch of it all. Driver off the tee brings in all sorts of trouble. Bunkers left, water right and many, many grass bunkers about 280 out.

So, 3 wood it is.

Well, unless you duck hook it into 3 foot fescue and hack your way out with an 8 iron lying 4 from 290 yards out. Awesome. Hybrid gives me a nice little 40 yard pitch, which I then hit what i thought was gonna be dead nuts tight, but it skips down to the back leaving me 60 feet with three breaks. 3 putt, lots of swearing.

Next hole, the dogshit 3 wood comes out of the bag and I hit the green from 294 off the tee on the par 4.

Lagged one down to about 8" and tapped in for bird.

This game is crazy.

R35

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I feel ya man... I shot an 80 on Sunday and that was double'ing the par 5 18th. Snapped hooked my tee shot into the water. /facepalm

johnny

Dec 22, 2008
So, 3 wood it is.

Well, unless you duck hook it into 3 foot fescue and hack your way out with an 8 iron lying 4 from 290 yards out. Awesome. Hybrid gives me a nice little 40 yard pitch, which I then hit what i thought was gonna be dead nuts tight, but it skips down to the back leaving me 60 feet with three breaks. 3 putt, lots of swearing.

R35

sorry. i cant follow this. this is the triple, right? par 4 or 5? you were lying 4 from 290 out and made a 9? or 2 from 290 out and made a 7?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
sorry. i cant follow this. this is the triple, right? par 4 or 5? you were lying 4 from 290 out and made a 9? or 2 from 290 out and made a 7?
Its internet math...just like his 3w distance...(or is it canadian math eh?)

Can i get a video of that? kthxbai

:D

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

Par 5.

Tee shot x 1 (if you can call it that)
2 hacks out of the fescue to 290 out (lying 3 now)
Hybrid to 40 out, pitched long from there.
3 putts

An 8. Originally I posted that it took me 3 out of the fescue, but it was only 2. My bad.

Internet math is hard when you f*ck up the story from the get-go. :biglol:

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Its internet math...just like his 3w distance...(or is it canadian math eh?)

Can i get a video of that? kthxbai

:D

The guy I was playing with threw a dart from 294 to 10" with his 3w. Amazing shot, nearly holed it.

R35

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
The guy I was playing with threw a dart from 294 to 10" with his 3w. Amazing shot, nearly holed it.

R35

I hit the same club from that distance...

But then i will need to hti it again from where i duffed it to, and then probably a 5i from there, a chip(or two), and probably 3 putts to get to 10"

wadayathnkbutdat?

Amazes me how you people in canada get so good at summer sports...how? You get to play for what like two months?

/jealous...

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The past few years I've played alot of indoor. Before that, I had a hitting net in the basement. Just keeping touch on the sticks is more than enough than what most do.

You should see the ranges in the spring. 5 deep at every one, it's pretty funny.

R35

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
You should see the ranges in the spring. 5 deep at every one, it's pretty funny.

R35

Its like that here quite a bit as well...probably no where near as bad as up there, but if its the first nice day of spring(anything over 35º as you know) dont even bother attempting to get on a range...it will take you five times longer waiting for a bay than it will take to hit your balls....and even then you feel rushed because there is 6 people sitting there in line watching you.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Sounds like some one took some lessons form another member about how to hit a 3wd.:biglol::biglol:

It wasn't me, :emot-ange.

I pulled my 3 wood for the Tee 4 wood, then pulled it for the Baffler 2 hybrid.

The only time it has bitten me was when I needed to hit over a embankment, the 2 hybrid doesn't launch quite as high as the Tee 4w.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Rather than start a new thread I decided to just post today's exasperation in this one.

I shot 79 and made four double bogeys in a row. Played the first six holes in even par, doubled 7, 8, 9, and 10, and then played 11 - 18 at one under. Had a case of the "lateral shots" jump up out of nowhere and then abruptly disappear as quickly as it showed up.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
At least they disappeared again. The "lateral shots" have caused my handicap to go from 5.1 to 6.9 in a matter of weeks. Way to hold it together after the D bogey train.

🔥 Latest posts