• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

76 but boring

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
I played yesterday, hoped on the course as a walk on and got out pretty quick.

played with 3 other guys, 2 of which were fairly good, and 1 was decent.

First hole they asked" youth to tee off first " naturally I had to go with no range time and barley stretched.

I actually hit the fairway lol:killersmiley:

Anyways, had 3 birdies on the front 9 with these guys, and 1 left after 9.
Still shot 3 over on the front.
on 13, the other 2 guys left because it was so slow. After this, I had to wait every stinking shot, and I was playing 2 or 3 balls per hole. It is absolutely nuts.

I guess I loose concentration when I have to play slow, and no good players playing with me. Or anyone for that matter. I basically stopped caring and just smacked the ball around.

Well when I finally got to finish, I tallied up my score, and actually noticed I only shot 1 over on the back. But I had no birdies and just lost interest. I just wanted to get home because it was not fun anymore.

Oh well Ill take a 76 but I should have shot 70 easily, I just missed so many birdies and then 4 par saves.

* EDIT * Wow, I cant type worth a dam.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Shooting 76 was boring? Good lord, if I shot a 76 EVERYONE on this forum would know it even before I made a post. You'd all hear me yelling from excitement.

But congrats on a good round!

OP
WildCatGolfer17

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
Thanks, Yeah I know what you mean. Trust me, if I shoot 69 or less, EVERYONE would know. and then I wouldnt really settle for less.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
Shooting 76 was boring? Good lord, if I shot a 76 EVERYONE on this forum would know it even before I made a post. You'd all hear me yelling from excitement.

But congrats on a good round!
I think Mr wildcat is the kinda of guy who shoot in the 90's, but tell everyone he shoots in the 70's.............
:thumbs up:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I think Mr wildcat is the kinda of guy who shoot in the 90's, but tell everyone he shoots in the 70's.............

No, that's me.
icon10.gif

Keep at it man. Make sure to keep some notes on what you've done poorly so you can work on those shots.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I shot 76 last Tuesday and I thought it was time for a celebration!!! First time breaking 80 in 10 years.... 14 pars and 4 bogies, and nothing boring about it at all. :)

OP
WildCatGolfer17

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007

Would you like to look me up by my AGA number?

Also if I wanted to lie. I would say my low round was 63 and my Cap was +3 but forget it there is no point in lying about it.

OP
WildCatGolfer17

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
EZ, yeah thanks for the good point, Im bad about that, Ill go over it in my head in the car after but I never write it down. I need to be better at that?

I guess I won't ever have to worry about playing golf with you then.

Umm, Am i getting a really bad vibe or is that Sarcasm, also I am a moron. :miz:

utahgolf

Just Getting Started
Nov 4, 2007
Northern Utah
Country
United States United States
Not a bad round.. Whenever I get the chance to go out on my own, I will definitely keep track of my fairways hit, greens in REG, putts, and saves. Go home, write them down, and see how you improve as the season goes on. You will be surprised how you will improve if you watch your stats.

OP
WildCatGolfer17

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
Not a bad round.. Whenever I get the chance to go out on my own, I will definitely keep track of my fairways hit, greens in REG, putts, and saves. Go home, write them down, and see how you improve as the season goes on. You will be surprised how you will improve if you watch your stats.

Yeah, but I dont want to get too detailed, I dont want to be thinking of numbers while I play.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Dude, gota say man, that is some terrible mindset you got there:p. Gota get your head fixed.

I find I always hit the fw np without stretching on the first tee, since im stiff enough that it kinda holds the clubface, but im just stretched enough to produce a little clubhead speed:p. Then again, hitting fws isnt my problem anyway:).

🔥 Latest posts