• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

79 Today, an Ugly 79...

OP
WildCatGolfer17

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
you're mad about shooting a 79?....but your best round was a 71?....that doesnt make any sense at all!....not bashing you or anything like that but a 79 is only 8 shots worse than you best.......................ever!..........just my 2 cents.

Its bad because I had an Eagle and a Birdie and still shot that high... and I had 3 or 4 , 3 putts.. Thats why its bad.
I am very close to scoring very well, but My putting is holding me back, I had 2 chances last week to shoot 68, instead I doubled 16 one day and then a bogey and a double again. ( it got to my head )

The next day, I was -4 after 13 and shot 76. I need to fix my putting, I am close to doing well, very very well.
Oh and Like Sand Piper said in another thread, he was I think -6 after 15 and shot 78... shyt happens.. He just get it to -6 way more than I do.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
WCG, go for your dream...but do it with eyes wide open. Get a degree that gives you a backup plan.

Go for it, but realize that what's being said here is true. No one's trying to be mean to you, they're just being honest.

Irish

May 9, 2007
WCG, go for your dream...but do it with eyes wide open. Get a degree that gives you a backup plan.

Go for it, but realize that what's being said here is true. No one's trying to be mean to you, they're just being honest.

good advice there..are you playing golf for your college team??

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
I say go for it man, Im in the same boat as you. Im 20, I have however shot many mid/high 60 rounds and I am nowhere near good enough. It is very humbling when you play top amatuer tournaments and realize just how damn good people are. I have no realistic expectations to ever make it, not even being able to cash on local minitours was sobering. However, go for it, Its a dream, chase it. If you fail? Your in the same place you are right now, but if you never attempt it, well in 20 years you may be on an internet golf forum bashing kids who want to chase their dreams.

Like what was said before, use golf to get you places. I will be completing a degree in Golf Course Management in december, and have had alot of offers to come play D-2 golf at absolutly no expense to me. (Mostly thanks to the fact I will already have one degree and carry a 4.0) Get an education, play golf as much as possible, if it doesnt pan out then get a job in the industry. For people like us, that can be just as rewarding.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
Its bad because I had an Eagle and a Birdie and still shot that high... and I had 3 or 4 , 3 putts.. Thats why its bad.
I am very close to scoring very well, but My putting is holding me back, I had 2 chances last week to shoot 68, instead I doubled 16 one day and then a bogey and a double again. ( it got to my head )

The next day, I was -4 after 13 and shot 76. I need to fix my putting, I am close to doing well, very very well.
Oh and Like Sand Piper said in another thread, he was I think -6 after 15 and shot 78... shyt happens.. He just get it to -6 way more than I do.
if thats the case,......I shot a 90 the other day,....if it wasnt for that triple on number 6, that double on 8 and 9,....o'yeah,..that triple on 16,...I "could have" shot a 79 also!............golf is full of "could have", "should have", "would have"............................if you want to play pro golf and you think you have the skills to do so,..go for it,....but dang, dont get up set with a 79.............

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
one of my suppliers used to play on the euro challenge tour – he quit after a few seasons. Basically he said that - after shooting what he thought was his best ever set of 4 rounds - and coming top 10 in some event - that was that. There were/are just sooo many guys out there with a real game - and he just felt that if it took his best ever, each week, to compete - it wasn't worth it.

🔥 Latest posts