• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

8 weeks

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
until the 2020 Masters, which will probably be sans azalea blossoms once again, unless the Lords of Augusta can pay off the weather gods. This has been a warm and wet winter, so much so that my camellias and azaleas are both blooming at the same time. Naturally, sub-freezing temps are forecast for the next 3 nights. :mad:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Has always been one of my favorite venues. Not particularly due to the course. My mother never picked up a golf club in her life. While she was alive, I never had any interest in the game of golf. Yet, I can remember her sitting in front of The Masters for hours, talking about the azaleas and how beautiful the course was. We have seen some exciting finishes on Masters Sunday. Hope to see another tourney not decided until the last player putts his ball on his 72nd hole.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Some random thoughts about the Masters:
  • the TV coverage doesn't do justice to the elevation changes in the course (from my neighbour)
  • Charl Swartzel's 4 birdies in the final four holes (when he won) is something that still amazes me
  • Angel Cabrera's ability to perform in majors
  • Adam Scott's magnificent win
  • Louis Oosthuizen not beating Bubba Watson when his approach was from the middle of the fairway and Bubba was in the trees.

Last edited:

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
Absolutely my favorite major. I've been more than twenty times off and on since my first in 1970. I've often said I would gladly pay whatever just to walk the grounds even if the players weren't there. It's beautiful and full of history. Although I've never had the good fortune to play there, I know every hole just as well as I know my home course. My guess is that's true for millions of avid golfers.

🔥 Latest posts