• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

9 iron & putter experiment.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
That's awesome. There's only 1 hole on my home course that wouldn't work due to a forced carry off the tee. I guess I could just drop the ball at the distance of 2 shots with my club of choice and be laying 3 - that way I'm assuming I'd make a decent tee shot and second since I can't do that due to hazard. I may have to give this a shot one afternoon.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I may have to give this a shot one afternoon.

1 part of me wanted to try this & the other part didn't want to possible waste one of the possible last rds of the year. I have been hitting the driver really well lately & just love to watch the ball go & go. Like I said, it was really hard to resist the temptation to pull out the driver & I even considered playing 2 balls at once just so I could compare a normal setup against this.

Ulitmately though it turned out to be a lot of fun & I am going to do this more often, only with different clubs. Kind of neat not having to decide on what club to use, just pull out the 6 & decide how much swing you want to put on it.

I would love to have WBL & Sssmokin try this, I bet Jerry would be very surprised as well. Might even end up selling his driver since it wouldn't be needed anymore.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.