• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A 36-hole golfing expedition

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
I took a vacation day yesterday, and ended up playing 36 holes of golf, walking, with a pullcart. It was a bit warm, but not too humid, so that was a good workout.

Struggled at times, quite erratic. I'm trying to change my swing to take out the flying elbow, but at times, I could feel myself getting caught between the new swing thought and the old pattern. When that happened, I would often end up taking out a huge chunk of turf. Grrr.

I was lucky, or perhaps unfortunate enough, to leave my best shot of the day for the last hole played. It was the 9th hole at Spring Hollow, because I had played the back 9 first. I had about 140 yards, to an elevated green, and in between the green and the fairway was a waste area of brush, tall grass, and shrubbery. I concentrated on hitting the ball clean, without any thoughts of that area between me and the green. Hit it solid with a 7I, then lost sight of the ball as it went up into the shadowy area that the trees behind the green were creating with the sun sinking down behind.

At that point, I was worried I had hit it too solid, and it had gone over the green. But another guy I was playing with, and who had hit his tee shot farther down the dogleg, said to me when I got up to him, "Is that your ball by the pin?"

I said I didn't know, just that I had hit it solid, but I was worried it had gone over the green. Sure enough, though, when we got up there, I had stuck it about 4 feet short of the hole. :D

Missed the birdie putt, but man, it was a nice way to finish off the 36th hole of golf that day.

Jay McNasty

High Altitude Hacker
Aug 22, 2005
Don't you people ever work?!? Tell me you didn't leave that 4 footer short?

Good finish for the day, nice work!

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Damn - that Antler Creek is long! 8100 yards Holy Crap. I see it is in Colorado... does the elevation make it play at a reasonable length??

Jay McNasty

High Altitude Hacker
Aug 22, 2005
VtDivot said:
Damn - that Antler Creek is long! 8100 yards Holy Crap. I see it is in Colorado... does the elevation make it play at a reasonable length??

Heh, no! I usually play it from the blues and take 1k yards out of it. It's still pretty tough, but it's so damn cheap to play there at twilight.

</hijack>

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
VtDivot said:

VT:

The new Robert Trent Jones Ross Bridge course here is 8194 yards. Course Rating: 78.5! They tout it as the 3rd longest course in the world...and we are less than 1000 feet above sea level.

http://www.rtjgolf.com/courses/ross_bridge/scorecard.htm

They are going to move a PGA Champions Tour event to the course next May. Wonder what distance they will set it up....

OP

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Bravo said:
VT:

The new Robert Trent Jones Ross Bridge course here is 8194 yards. Course Rating: 78.5! They tout it as the 3rd longest course in the world...and we are less than 1000 feet above sea level.

http://www.rtjgolf.com/courses/ross_bridge/scorecard.htm

They are going to move a PGA Champions Tour event to the course next May. Wonder what distance they will set it up....
They should go back to having the last 36 holes of the US Open on Sunday there. 8194 yards. Take away the caddies, too. That'll be a stern test.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Ravenous Bugblatter Beast said:
They should go back to having the last 36 holes of the US Open on Sunday there. 8194 yards. Take away the caddies, too. That'll be a stern test.

Yup and add in Alabama heat and humidity in mid-June and there would be dead bodies on the fairways....

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Bravo said:
Yup and add in Alabama heat and humidity in mid-June and there would be dead bodies on the fairways....

...and God only knows what they'd find in the rough!! LOL

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.